Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:16 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm thinking minimum time for a guildwar is 24 hours... after that I have to decide if only one or both guild leaders have to guildpeace it off.. and then once that happens I think it will be 48 hours before they can guildwar eachother again.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

I don't understand why people think that having a /guildwar command will even effect them. If you aren't in a guild that uses the /guildwar command, you won't be flagged and you will not be open to attack.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why people think that having a /guildwar command will even effect them. If you aren't in a guild that uses the /guildwar command, you won't be flagged and you will not be open to attack.
If the PVP involves training opposiing guilds with hordes of mobs then yes innocents will suffer... general griefing etc
Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Yeah, /guildwar really isn't that bad. I swear, it's like some people here haven't played EQ before. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

If you're worried about training mobs, have the rule of no training blanket guilds in guild wars too. only PvP, not P&EvP.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

But people already do that. /guildwar gives them a way to do that without training mobs.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauremore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do that when you can create a guildwar command and make it optional for 90% of the situations except certain scenarios. Also once you guildwar it stays on for a set period of time. You cant take it off and all of your guild members are tagged red, period, end of discussion. Otherwise it will be pointless. So you either think about guildwars and the fact you will be red for say, 10 days or you don't do it at all imo.
I think you responded to the wrong post - in my post I was making a tangential point about how people would be happier of turning in the tome of discord was made more of a realistic option for people who want PvP. As far as the guildwar thing, we'd probably wage war against Kimmie and Nalkin and just decimate them.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

I just remembered something.

Don't activate guild wars until you fix melee damage done in PvP.

I can understand not hitting tanks for full damage. Hell, I can even understand not hitting some hybrids, chain and leather wearers for full damage. But Cloth too? AND even when people are sitting down? YOU CAN MISS WHILE THEY SIT DOWN!?

Don't implement any widely accessible PvP until PvP combat is fixed IMO
Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the PVP involves training opposiing guilds with hordes of mobs then yes innocents will suffer... general griefing etc
People do that now and get away with it. Rogean 24 hours, why not 36? Day and a half. This way it gives people who aren't on a chance to do so and by that time I am sure they would be tired of it. Also, I don't think keeping them from guild waring again for 48 is wise. Think about what would happen if one guild got their butts handed to them, and after the guildwar they just started mass training knowing there was no enforced guild war. If I was in a guild that warred and even if it was for fun, I could still see people holding grudges and grieving 10x worse as a blue than a red.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, some of you don't realise what a pure /guildwar command will be like.. It will be fun for maybe a few days then will suck because guilds will walk around with groups of clerics outside their guild rezzing healing and buffing their members, people will /guildremove at the first sign of possibly dying and then be unkillable, etc.. it will just plain suck. I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Are you sure that's how classic /guildwar worked? The way I remember it, you couldn't cast ANYTHING on a PVP flagged member of a guild unless you were also a member of that guild, including heals and buffs.

Closed Thread