Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

As someone not interested in PVP, I would be interested in knowing:

- Will we be caught in the crossfire when guilds start training mobs at each other during the guildwar and become collateral damage? What will prevent this?

- Will groups be harder to come by because we will be forced to choose whether we want to run the risk of having our enchanter or cleric ganked by an opposing guild while we're in the middle of killing shit? What will prevent this?

Just wondering.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow what the hell, since when did this become a discussion about training? Did I ever say that two guilds in a guildwar are suddenly immune to the server rules?

You guys are still in the mindset of a PvP Server. THIS IS NOT A PVP SERVER. The RULES still APPLY to EVERYONE.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 07:55 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure that's how classic /guildwar worked? The way I remember it, you couldn't cast ANYTHING on a PVP flagged member of a guild unless you were also a member of that guild, including heals and buffs.
Your thinking of pvp flag via priest of discord and/or a duel, not a guildwar. Pretty sure that being in a guildwar didn't prevent you from being helped by outsiders back in the day, or vise versa.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 09-02-2010 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep in mind that being in a guildwar does not "Flag you PvP". Technically on live your name didn't turn red, you were still considered a regular player. You were just able to attack opposing guild members, that was the only difference.

However I'm planning to impliment it so that your enemy guilds' players have red names, to keep it easy to distinguish.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Kobold

that's going in my sig
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Kobold

dam no edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Banned

Peronsally, I'd rather see Kunark.

But that's just me.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Orc

Heres a few ideas I humbly offer for consideration. I think might make things more interesting, fair, and chaotic. .

Duration: 1 day - 7 days. The guild war must go on for at least 24 hours before a /guildpeace option becomes available. During these 24 hours no one is able to leave any of the guilds involved (there is no way to escape except to log out for 24 hours). After 24 hours disbanding becomes possible and after 7 days the guild war is over and must be restarted.

Enlisting: Anyone not a part of the guild war is unable to cast beneficial spells on a guildwar'd character unless they become temporarily 'enlisted'. People who are enlisted receive the same flags of the guild they are supporting for 8 hours. Under no circumstances will a combatant be flagged against their own guild. The enlistment timer resets any time an offensive or defensive action is taken by the enlistee within the context of the war. Guild war'd characters who have no affiliation to you show their names in orange. Friendlies will have their names colored green, and enemies names will be red.

Supporting your friends in a guild war is cool but being invulnerable to the other side is not. For instance, maybe IB and DA are at war. I am in Transcendence but I would like to assist IB. This would result in some pretty massive battles as random people start stepping up and fighting. Unpopular guilds could very well face the wrath of the entire server.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For some reason I keep thinking about Star Wars Galaxies original PvP System with covert, overt, and TEF (Temporary Enemy) Flags.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Peronsally, I'd rather see Kunark.

But that's just me.
You act like it's one or the other.

Kunark is a content work in progress.

This is a code feature.

Fail.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread