Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nintendo is dead to me, if for no other reason than the DS had about 5-6 different upgrades. Knowing them they'll do the same with the Switch, prepare to have your shiny new console thing worth nothing and in Goodwills everywhere in a couple of years as they release another version and another version that antiquates yours.

No thanks Nintendo, not even a quality Punch Out game would bring me back.
^^^^^

I'm going to wait patiently. I only want this for Zelda at the moment, and once I get through the game it will probably have very little going for it. I'll wait for changes to be made and to see if third party support thrives or dies out (like it did for the Wii U)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Orc

Its sold out all over the word atm.

I got mine too. Zelda is great. Once I am done playing it on the TV Monitor and I can jump into bed and continue playing with it attached to an Anker 20100 USB C Power Battery and when I got bowel movement I can continue playing it whilst having a shit.

Worth every penny and I look forward to seeing future games on it.
Last edited by saujee; 03-04-2017 at 03:38 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Purchased a switch, Zelda and a Pro controller Saturday.

WORTH EVERY PENNY.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

How goes the Switch? Good? Bad?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Banned

Switch is ok, it has some good and bad qualities regardless of what fanboys will tell you. Some of it feels cheap and the screen can scratch easy when docking but zelda is good. Personally i would only buy it if your a zelda fan otherwise i wouldn't bother. People are using it more as handheld then a gaming console anyways.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Banned

I am really liking mine so far. The ability to play on TV and then portable is just the best. I only have Zelda at the moment but Mario Kart, Xenoblade 2, Dragon Quest XI, Mario Odyssey, and NES classic games are all things I look forward to.

I would not have bought one if it wasn't portable, and thus far I am extremely impressed.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How goes the Switch? Good? Bad?
The problem I see with the Switch is that it's not a console, it's a Zelda-playing-device. In a few months, mine will convert into a Zelda-and-Mario-playing-device. As with most Nintendo products, there's not a compelling reason to buy it if you've already got an xbox and a playstation outside of the first-party Nintendo titles.

I took the thing out of the cradle to play Zelda at my office the other day. That was pretty cool. When I bought it I didn't think it would ever leave the cradle, now I can see some uses for the mobile aspect. Really, though, will I want to lug another device around? I carry an HP Elite x3 phone which means I already have access to a ton of emulation. If I'm flying somewhere I just need to stick an xbox controller in my carry-on and I'm pretty much set. I'm not going on any trips for another month or so, so I won't know the answer to this until then.

I am extremely satisfied with it, but all I want the thing to do is enable me to play Zelda and Mario. It lets me play Zelda. Zelda is good. Switch is good. /shrug
Old 03-20-2017, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

I got all Nintendo consoles since NES besides the n64(never a fan, althou I got one later on), even the WiiU. Super Nintendo is the go-to console for me still. Switch will be the first Nintendo console I wont hurry out to get, think Ill wait this one out. Meanwhile Ill just stack up on my SNES/SFC collection of carts! If I really wanna play Breath of the Wild I can do that on WiiU, but most of the new Nintendo games look like more open world style games, which I dont think appeal to me, I already have EQ for that.
Closed Thread