Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

Default Logistics of No Drop twinking

I have decided that I am going to make a tank... Shadowknight most likely...but which ever tank doesn't really matter. That brings me to my favorite thing to do in EQ!!! Twink a new char!!! And I am thinking about going full tilt on this one.

So that got me to perusing the forums for gear recommendations, and for SHD especially, I kept seeing Sword of Pain (NO DROP) pop up. I figure that my monk and a shaman could probably duo ourselves into lower dogs easy enough...then I started thinking of the logistics of getting a level 1 shadowknight into the lower dogs pit and realized it would take a lot of help. I don't think a level 1 could survive the jump into pit (Maybe with HP buffs?) but would probably be easier to just get rez'd into the pit, would definitely need a port out or a necro summons/rez). I guess in theory I could have a necromancer do the rez and the summons out.

Then I started thinking if a level 1 can even get to Velks. Is there a level requirement to enter the zone since Velkator is a raid target?

Just curious to see if there is something I am not considering in this equation here. If I can run a level 1 SK from Neriak to WC, port to iceclad, run to Velks, get dragged to pit, rez/loot/die, then get corpse summoned to ent...is there anything I am not considering that would throw sh!t into the fan?

Also are there any better camps to get a No Drop knight weapon that a Mnk/Shm or Nec/Shm could camp?

The alternative to this is I have a Stave of Shielding on my monk that I could easily transfer and it has a decent ratio (17/28) or I could buy an Ebon Mace. But I think it would be kinda cool to get a No Drop velious sword on a lvl 1
Old 06-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

I don't think there is a level requirement, but at level one you will need to run from IC. I'm not sure about the drop either, but think they could survive. Both drops have areas where you can land like half way down. The first, and larger drop, has those slanted walls you can run up/down.

Best bet though would be to get the character down there and park it in the safe room, then just leave it there until you get the sword. The room to the right after you go up the first ramp has no spawns, and at least on my ench I've been able to sit there with a fully spawned LD camp and not get aggro.

Also, a lot of the dogs dont see invis. I've had a few occasions where I was able to run a character through lower dogs to spiders with just an invis, so you could always head down there and clear the see invis with your monk, and then move the alt down using an invis pot.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

I do not know if the zone has a level requirement. If it does it means you do this at level 5 or 10 instead, which isn't a big deal.

The Shadow Knight sword is nice because it serves double-duty of also giving you an instant click junk buff and cooldown reset. Getting a level 1 into camp is as easy as either catching velks with no see-invisible spiders up (it does happen sometimes, or you can deliberately kill them) or alternately you can rez the character into camp. A level 1 might not survive the drop anyway, at least without buffs. Getting out means either getting a port, dying under the drop and using /corpse to pull it out (the command ignores Z axis distance), or using a gate potion or gate cap. You can of course also corpse summon or drag the corpse out with another character if you know the route. Point being--there are options.

The Monk and Shaman should be able to duo that camp for the sword without too much fuss. There are a lot of complete healing kobolds down there and the named can both complete heal and gate so be prepared. I don't know of any superior no-drop weapons, and few equivalent droppables, which you could readily duo for.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 06-08-2017 at 04:28 PM..
Old 06-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Banned

Could have the shaman levitate him down into the pit now that I think about it. Before we drop I would just need to get the levi and camp him up top. The gate potion is a great ide as well and cuts out a portion of the trip I was worried about (escape)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could have the shaman levitate him down into the pit now that I think about it. Before we drop I would just need to get the levi and camp him up top. The gate potion is a great ide as well and cuts out a portion of the trip I was worried about (escape)
No levitate in velks.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Have to be 36 I believe to even zone into velks
Old 06-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Lev doesn't work in Velk.

Definitely drag / res in then drag / res out.
There are simply a lot more ressers hanging around Velk than there are porters.

Getting these nodrop twink loots is definitely worth it for the wtf looks people will give you.
My lvl 5 ranger has the AE dagger from HS north and the BFG, always fun to see that small pause after they inspect you, thinking "wait what?"
Old 06-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have to be 36 I believe to even zone into velks
I vaguely remember something to this effect as well. I am going to test it tonight so I will update and let everyone know
Old 06-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Banned

sword of pain is a cool sword. I remember bringing my SK there on live to loot it. On p99 I picked up a hate sword before i ever got around to it.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Aviak

Anyone know what the sword looks like? Couldnt find an image online. One of those nifty velious jeweled sword graphics would be sick.
Closed Thread