Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

You're incorrect in saying that people can't sell it, because people do sell loot rights to lots of no-drop items. Better to say that it's unlikely to be sold because there's not a large market for it and it takes a little bit of effort to get to the corpse.

Even if you camp there you still have to ask permission to loot it from whoever killed it -- you don't get it by default.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

love looting no drop items on lvl 1s

I got the Kedge Keep monk mask and Robe of the Lost Circle at lvl 1.

Was also fun to loot a Gabstik on my lvl 3 wizard, though he died first crack at it when he was lvl 1 due to low lvl aggro range lol
Old 06-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaphobe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait, if I'm interested in that sword is it possible to just get out there and camp in the area.. then log on and wait until it drops since it's no drop and people can't sell it?
Yep but for best effect hide in the corner and wait til the corpse timer runs down and allows you to loot it. Wait until the player that killed the mob isn't looking and loot it up.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Large Rat

I'm not talking about stealing it, I just figured it was similar to Jarsath or whatever the armor is in KC but I didn't even know the item existed until about an hour ago because I usually brush over no drop stuff when I'm looking for upgrades thinking they are raid pieces.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaphobe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not talking about stealing it, I just figured it was similar to Jarsath or whatever the armor is in KC but I didn't even know the item existed until about an hour ago because I usually brush over no drop stuff when I'm looking for upgrades thinking they are raid pieces.
Your train of thought is correct, however the problem is that Velks is a typically completely vacant these days. You might catch a guild group farming Brood Mother for gems or a duo doing Frenzy Spider, but the chances of a lower dogs group are quite small. Add to that the logistics of getting down there alone while low level....and unfortunately its just not feasible unless you have help from a couple of high level guys who are basically doing you a favor.

I'll update how my exploits go this weekend with getting this item. I got my SK up to level 3 last night, so I will probably knock out the other 2 levels tonight and then orchestrate my coup into Velks sometime tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

KEWL!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep but for best effect hide in the corner and wait til the corpse timer runs down and allows you to loot it. Wait until the player that killed the mob isn't looking and loot it up.
Uh, dont do this. It is specifically against the rules to loot a corpse that you didnt kill if that person doesnt let you loot it.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilhainis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mind if I tag along with 26 Pally for the Sword of Blessings off Jelek Icepaw lol?
Gregendek spawns straight out from the drop down and is much easier than Jelek to get to for non-enchanters. Jelek spawns deeper in and is more "rare" in the sense that it is much less common for people to be clearing the PH these days. You would almost have to wait for a group that is trying to farm Kalik and clearing the area, which doesn't happen often anymore. Most Kalik kills are just enchanters or small groups swinging through when they see him up.

This is what Sword of Pain looks like:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

I think there are some nice SK boots that drop in Kael Arena (believe level 5 requirement to zone into Kael). Think they are Boots of Dark Passage (+10 MR on those bad boys too), have seen em rot more than a few times.

Also has Giant Scalemail drop there, most just let it rot, may get lucky asking to loot as a noob.

Just looking through other loot there is a Thunder Runed Greatsword, not sure if that is a high in demand item or just meh? Possible rottable? People most likely would need to be doing Vindi tho, so raiders may want it.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Banned

The Sword of Pain is mine. Long live Myrdrraal queen of darkness
Closed Thread