Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Orc

At level 32, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been turned away from a group for being a Ranger. I can also been the MT for a lot of the dungeons I've done, with only slightly above average gear. Granted you can't really tank something at entry level, but once you are mid level for a zone it is no problem. This will likely change in higher levels, but my advice would be to stick to outdoor zones.

Being medium only won't hurt you as far as I know. Presently everything I have on my Ranger (wood*cough* Dark Elf) would fit on a Half Elf.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Its really very simple, this server is very old, all obtainable weapons/ armor are available for purchase. This server is not any more classic in the sense that only a 10 -15% of the population are new/non twink players.

Eventually once you start saving money you will get very nice gear which will take away the problems that rangers and most melee characters have which is equipment dependant.

Learn your ranger class, learn when to cast, learn when to CC, learn when to taunt and people will adore you. This is not a brand new server, there's no such thing as painful leveling, since people will see you and give you free items/money etc.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And bring your sense of humor, you WILL get made fun of and be the butt of endless Ranger jokes. It's usually all in good fun, and if the occasional person isn't well then screw them.
This thread makes me want to roll a ranger so bad.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread makes me want to roll a ranger so bad.
It all started here!

Also, at least you get to play right now! I have about two more weeks until I get to play arggg!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just found this server, amazing work! I played a human ranger as my main in EQ for almost 9 years. A couple of levels after joining p99 and rolling a (you guessed it) human ranger, I asked my friend who joined P99 with me the same question.

Am I just a masochist?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Banned

Just read this, great time to roll a ranger!!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...94#post1522094
Old 07-04-2014, 06:16 AM
Large Rat

Rangers aren't that bad for grouping. I've been tanking/pulling in a number of dungeons since I've started adventuring in P99 in may. Get yourself a set of banded and a Silver Swiftblade, then find a group with a decent healer and you'll do fine dpsing or tanking as needed. I tanked crushbone in my teens - High Keep Gobs in my late 20's/low 30's and most recently Mistmoore in my mid 30's. As long as you learn how to pull with harmony and stock up on arrows/train your spells you'll be a welcome addition to any group of adventurers.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

I look forward to doing all these things when I get back shore side :P spend some of the plat I set aside making SoW potions buahhahahah.
Closed Thread