Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Aviak

Default Drops during GM events

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron2coolcarter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4 planar equivilant pieces for my newly 50 war! thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanvaren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of Warriors grabbed LR, actually.. in my group, at least, we were trying to assign what we'd had dropped to people who needed it, but a bunch of lowbies ninja'd most of it before we had a chance w/ the lag >_<
Am I the only person who thinks this is bad? In order to make it a more general discussion: Do you think that GM events should reward "real" high end loot, in high quantity? Obviously the GMs will decide that on their own, but I'm surprised that everyone seems to agree with them.

Don't get me wrong! The bonus exp, the scarecrow & red willowisp npc graphics, the effort behind these events - that was great. Giving out valuable loot on a random base (massive zone lags, unfortunate time for players who are not from the US etc.) is horrible in my opinion.

I've stopped playing now, because I fear this might happen again during future GM events.

(Yes, my negative attitude would be the same if I had participated and grabbed dozens of good items there! This is a matter of fairness and game immersion, not of personal gain.)
Last edited by Prahadigm24; 11-02-2010 at 05:59 AM..
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Aviak

You've stopped playing because of that??? Rogean already stated that the quantity of loot given out was unintentional and won't happen again. He and others took time out of their lives to script an event at the last minute so others could enjoy it.
Last edited by Madigan; 11-02-2010 at 06:28 AM..
Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Sarnak

youre late douchebag, there's only 5 other threads just like this. it's a dead horse.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

so, what you're trying to tell us is that you're an uptight nerd
Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only person who thinks this is bad? In order to make it a more general discussion: Do you think that GM events should reward "real" high end loot, in high quantity? Obviously the GMs will decide that on their own, but I'm surprised that everyone seems to agree with them.

Don't get me wrong! The bonus exp, the scarecrow & red willowisp npc graphics, the effort behind these events - that was great. Giving out valuable loot on a random base (massive zone lags, unfortunate time for players who are not from the US etc.) is horrible in my opinion.

I've stopped playing now, because I fear this might happen again during future GM events.

(Yes, my negative attitude would be the same if I had participated and grabbed dozens of good items there! This is a matter of fairness and game immersion, not of personal gain.)
Read the truth, then quit complaining.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...1&postcount=74
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...6&postcount=65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahadigm24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now you have a chance to get out of your mum's basement and have a life outside of the pix-elated version you previously had.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread