Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-19-2019, 10:35 PM
Kobold

Update 11/19/2019
DISCLAIMER: Copy your Everquest folder before attempting to use this overhaul. Also, your mileage may vary, but I had zero crashes (1-3 per session before) after removing both my load.jpg and load2.jpg from the resources folder in my EQ install. To install, just point towards your EQ directory and have at it. Make sure to overwrite all files it request. Please share screen shots of place you're at, as I'd love to see how everything looks. I want to thank you guys again for being super supportive. Any feedback is welcome, good or bad and especially if it's to help make this better. Please share any ideas you have, because it just might be something simple that can go a long way. Let's try to not give this out to too many people till we figure out the bugs and glitches. Anyway thanks again guys, peace!

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcg9lje48y...20v.07.7z?dl=0

PS, if anyone has experience with any thing like the wiki and can organize some media we capture from people using the overhaul, please reach out to me. I'd love to see the exact same shot done with and without the overhaul, that would be absolutely amazing and I know you guys have some favorite spots you're thinking of right now. I'll be in game a bit trying to finish the grind to 50 on Nokts or just message me here.
Last edited by Tkon; 11-19-2019 at 10:40 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 12:42 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Bravo! Screenshots look great. I am out of the country for a few more days but I will download and give it a try when I return.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bravo! Screenshots look great. I am out of the country for a few more days but I will download and give it a try when I return.
Appreciate it and safe travels!
Old 11-20-2019, 04:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Myself and a couple friends are testing it, enjoying it except that every time we zone in Neriak and it's various zones equals a crash for all of us. When we log back in it loads fine but zoning to a different section of the city is another crash, but we can load to Nek Forest and doesn't seem to have a problem, nor does EC.

Edit: Setting it to Realtime Priority in Task Manager would allow me to zone around in Neriak a few times before crashing. This is probably an issue with the engine itself. It will likely be a problem for any massive texture pack.
Last edited by Gathmuredin; 11-20-2019 at 04:29 AM..
Old 11-20-2019, 07:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathmuredin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Myself and a couple friends are testing it, enjoying it except that every time we zone in Neriak and it's various zones equals a crash for all of us. When we log back in it loads fine but zoning to a different section of the city is another crash, but we can load to Nek Forest and doesn't seem to have a problem, nor does EC.

Edit: Setting it to Realtime Priority in Task Manager would allow me to zone around in Neriak a few times before crashing. This is probably an issue with the engine itself. It will likely be a problem for any massive texture pack.
Have you also tried deleting the two loading screens? I know this sound like a really strange request, but it fixed all my loading issues with higher texture packs. How this makes sense, I have no idea lol.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Kobold

I might create some sort of installation file to do some of these task when people do the install. Have them just point towards the directory they want the files. For the time being guys, please remove loadscreen.jpg and loadscreen.bmp in your <EQ DIRECTORY>/Resource/ folder. I know it doesn't make sense, but I haven't crashed once since doing this.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Removed them, will do further testing and let you know how it goes. Thanks. Still checking for messed up textures and such.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathmuredin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Removed them, will do further testing and let you know how it goes. Thanks. Still checking for messed up textures and such.
Awesome, thanks guys. Please take screen shots and share! I'd love to see what your part of the world looks like.

Also, I would have some frame drops with EQ, with or without the textures for some reason. I'm on a fairly new machine, but using ISLC (clears memory list) always fixes the issue. YMV.
Last edited by Tkon; 11-20-2019 at 08:34 AM..
Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 AM
Skeleton

I HAVE NO EYES! My face!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2019, 08:56 AM
Large Rat

Have to go to work this morning, but I needed to try this out before I leave and I LOVE it so far. Here is my Dwarf Paladin in Butcherblock waiting for Zarchoomi to spawn and helping with the guard duties.

https://imgur.com/a/hPp7SgE