Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 05:43 PM
Kobold

Question Most Chill Class Period?

Hey all,

I'm still in a holding pattern trying to figure out what to roll for green. I want something super chill, raid and group and that can solo.

So, what's the most chill class period? I was thinking, possibly, rogue. Rogue - can lockpick doors, explore safely, get corpses extremely safely, get to and out of camps safely, is wanted for groups and raids even high end and is useful. Epic is a freebie. Can hold fat amounts of loot b/c of high strength. Also, just hitting auto attack and backstab makes it like the most chill thing ever right? Okay, so they can't solo well.

Wizard is a close second, but as a wizard you can't recover your corpse nearly as easily as you can on rogue (HS, Seb, DN, etc.). Also, wizard epic is much harder to get. Also, much harder to get groups, especially high end.

Necromancer is also extremely chill I would surmise. With FD and the ability to summon your corpse and self rez, you are extremely solid no matter the situation. Plus, you can solo extremely well. That being said, it's hard to get groups, and having your hp tick down constantly is stressful (imo), and Kunark is out yet, so I would want to wait until November to play this anyway.

Druid can't get groups 30+ and healing is the most stressful role to me next to pulling for raids.

Magician is pretty chill, but raid role is just summoning items and post-Kunark I never seemed to get into any groups. Spending hours LFG in Seb is lame. Maybe the most important factor is the epic is nigh impossible to get!

Bard, enchanter, cleric, and shaman should all go without saying here.

SK/Pal/War. Can't bind and are always the first to die when stuff hits the fan. Needs to be a large race usually (War, SK) and w/o DElf mask can be extremely frustrating (or expensive) getting around the race size issue. Has to constantly watch for incoming and keep agro up and gear requirements are quite large. Epics are not super easy.

So, is rogue the most chill class ever? Maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts, please!!!
Old 04-16-2020, 05:49 PM
Banned

The most chill class is a wizard they get up for 3 seconds every 20
Old 04-16-2020, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

rogue or wiz, u r right about not having tough crs, as a wiz i refuse to do dangerous things, so i end up not doing much on them other then quad or kite singles in the safest corners of norrath

rogue has more potential for adventure

wiz has ports so u dont have to walk

u can play a druid without ever grouping or healing, personally if i played a druid i would refuse to heal if i didnt want to and would spec evoke but that is just me
Old 04-16-2020, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician, Wizard, and Rogue are the simplest classes. Magicians and Wizards can solo well.
but as for most chill period no other variables? I think its Wizard.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Rogue, even wizzes get bugged for ports.

Rogues don't have to do anything at all besides autoattCk and press backstab once in a while. If you ever get asked to drag a corpse you can just /q
Old 04-16-2020, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Necro/monk/sk having FD makes life super easy.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

cleric was pretty chill too, spec evoke, nuke whatever afk, de /hide if u really want some extra insurance, again, going to take several months to hit 40, but its chill lol

do not ever group on a cleric if u hate healing u will hate ur life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

I'm still in a holding pattern trying to figure out what to roll for green. I want something super chill, raid and group and that can solo.

So, what's the most chill class period? I was thinking, possibly, rogue. Rogue - can lockpick doors, explore safely, get corpses extremely safely, get to and out of camps safely, is wanted for groups and raids even high end and is useful. Epic is a freebie. Can hold fat amounts of loot b/c of high strength. Also, just hitting auto attack and backstab makes it like the most chill thing ever right? Okay, so they can't solo well.

Wizard is a close second, but as a wizard you can't recover your corpse nearly as easily as you can on rogue (HS, Seb, DN, etc.). Also, wizard epic is much harder to get. Also, much harder to get groups, especially high end.

Necromancer is also extremely chill I would surmise. With FD and the ability to summon your corpse and self rez, you are extremely solid no matter the situation. Plus, you can solo extremely well. That being said, it's hard to get groups, and having your hp tick down constantly is stressful (imo), and Kunark is out yet, so I would want to wait until November to play this anyway.

Druid can't get groups 30+ and healing is the most stressful role to me next to pulling for raids.

Magician is pretty chill, but raid role is just summoning items and post-Kunark I never seemed to get into any groups. Spending hours LFG in Seb is lame. Maybe the most important factor is the epic is nigh impossible to get!

Bard, enchanter, cleric, and shaman should all go without saying here.

SK/Pal/War. Can't bind and are always the first to die when stuff hits the fan. Needs to be a large race usually (War, SK) and w/o DElf mask can be extremely frustrating (or expensive) getting around the race size issue. Has to constantly watch for incoming and keep agro up and gear requirements are quite large. Epics are not super easy.

So, is rogue the most chill class ever? Maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts, please!!!
This must be for blue because mages don't summon riffs and are the alpha dps class.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Barbarian Shaman specializing in evocation.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Clearly enchanter. Put up LFG, get invite. Toss clarity and do nothing else. Soak up exp. See how long before they boot you. Get booted. Put up LFG and repeat.
Closed Thread