Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Clarification: Representative Limit

There have been some questions about the rule regarding the limit on representatives at raid spawn, and situations like groups clearing Tola/Prot, for example.

The staff has decided that the rule will be enforced such as, if there are more than 2 representatives present at a raid target when the target spawns, that guild may make no attempt to engage that mob.

This means guilds are okay to clear trash mobs around a raid spawn without the risk of a raid policy violation, however they take the chance that the raid mob would spawn and they must forfeit it. Engaging the mob with a raid force if more than two representatives were present at the time of it's spawn will be a raid policy violation.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

This goes for planar clears as well? And clarification on around? Can a guild clear fear at west wall or hate at zone in if something's in window and pops, and be allowed to take a shot at it?
Last edited by Troubled; 01-20-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Old 01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Gonna go ahead and bump this right about now.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, so the only way to get inny is to have 60 people on 5 minutes after he spawns in order to train everything to his room and nail him as quickly as possible. Gogo batphones/camped-out-buffed-at-wizzy-spire-alts.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, so the only way to get inny is to have 60 people on 5 minutes after he spawns in order to train everything to his room and nail him as quickly as possible. Gogo batphones/camped-out-buffed-at-wizzy-spire-alts.
Sounds legitimate to me. If you don't want to race then that's what Class R is for.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This goes for planar clears as well? And clarification on around? Can a guild clear fear at west wall or hate at zone in if something's in window and pops, and be allowed to take a shot at it?
This is a great question Rogean...is this a go, or no go?

Some guilds do weekly clears 1-2 times a week of hate or fear to get armor for people (yes some people still need hate/fear gear)...if it happened to spawn during one of their weekly clears is it hands off even though it's within their class teir?
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Aviak

Is there a time limit on this? Say you have a group there on the pop and they don't engage but then nobody else engages for like an hour? I mean that's more than enough time for pretty much all guilds to mobilize
Old 01-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Aviak

Default re: clarification

I would REALLY like to see Rogean's thoughts on the situation... none of us want to get banned or break any rules. I assure you these situations are legitimate concerns for most of the class R guilds, simply because most of the Class R guilds still do Hate / Fear trash clears for loots.

So let's say:
#1) Azure Guard is clearing Fear trash & Draco pops.
--Can we leave the zone and come back in at least?

We don't want to get banned, but we would like to not be stressed out. If Draco is in window, it's one thing. We know when it's in window and can easily avoid that if necessary. But if you guys do a simulated patch respawn (Which aren't announced and are random) ... it seems terribly unfair to ban us for being in the zone at the time of it.

I would totally be fine if the rule was something like:
"You need to leave the zone and come back in and you will be ok"

..but even Ambrotos seemed unsure that would prevent us from being banned.

~Phiren
Azure Guard
Old 01-26-2014, 06:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great question Rogean...is this a go, or no go?
Some guilds do weekly clears 1-2 times a week of hate or fear to get armor for people (yes some people still need hate/fear gear)...if it happened to spawn during one of their weekly clears is it hands off even though it's within their class teir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would REALLY like to see Rogean's thoughts on the situation... none of us want to get banned or break any rules. I assure you these situations are legitimate concerns for most of the class R guilds, simply because most of the Class R guilds still do Hate / Fear trash clears for loots.

So let's say:
#1) Azure Guard is clearing Fear trash & Draco pops.
--Can we leave the zone and come back in at least?

We don't want to get banned, but we would like to not be stressed out. If Draco is in window, it's one thing. We know when it's in window and can easily avoid that if necessary. But if you guys do a simulated patch respawn (Which aren't announced and are random) ... it seems terribly unfair to ban us for being in the zone at the time of it.

I would totally be fine if the rule was something like:
"You need to leave the zone and come back in and you will be ok"

..but even Ambrotos seemed unsure that would prevent us from being banned.

~Phiren
Azure Guard
Hi Guys! Assuming you mean for FFA since ClassR is essentially a rotation. Based what what Rogean says below in the quoted text from this thread, it's my understanding that if you are in the zone when the raid mob pops, then you are no longer allowed to engage that raid mob. if a guild ignores that and engages anyway, then they are violating the Raid Policy. as far as i know, repops will happen after a broadcast or server message of sorts. ill ask Rogean to poke his head in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have been some questions about the rule regarding the limit on representatives at raid spawn, and situations like groups clearing Tola/Prot, for example.

The staff has decided that the rule will be enforced such as, if there are more than 2 representatives present at a raid target when the target spawns, that guild may make no attempt to engage that mob.

This means guilds are okay to clear trash mobs around a raid spawn without the risk of a raid policy violation, however they take the chance that the raid mob would spawn and they must forfeit it. Engaging the mob with a raid force if more than two representatives were present at the time of it's spawn will be a raid policy violation.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 01-26-2014 at 08:55 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Hi Guys! Assuming you mean for FFA since ClassR is essentially a rotation.
For example: Draco is Class R and Azure Guard is up for this mob. It is ok for us to be clearing fear when he spawns and then take him down? Same with Hate on Inny and Maestro?