Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigforest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not opposed to the bonus because 50% and 25% are negligible figures that will ultimately make very little difference.

With that in mind, my question is - why bother with the bonus at all?

I can't imagine it will bring additional players - in fact, I believe the server will be at record pop on Friday and Saturday already, bonus or not.

Maybe to make sure that everybody who logs on when the server returns stays with the community because they have a slightly higher level character than they would without the bonus? But then, what happens when it exp rate is back to normal?

I just can't quite grasp it.
Well from what I can see the exp bonus for a week is pretty much a Thank you from the Developers/staff for all us who have waited patiently while the server has been down. The majority of us will be thankful enough just to have the server back up and running. rog has stated its only a 25% now for 1 week. 50% exp is about the same as normal exp when kunark arrives so I see no harm either way. All it does is help out a little bit with those who have exp penalties. It will make no difference in the long run.

Also Finawin has made it very clear, there will be those who will whine over just about everything. Thats the general public for you.

Rog has found the middle ground and settled on 25%. If people are still ungrateful or if people are still opposed then I would suggest pretending its a server wide GM event or do not level up.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know why you guys are being stupid and arguing this. No 2 boxing period, it doesn't matter the reason. 2 acccounts per one person isn't allowed, I don't know why you guys are even bothering to argue.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why you guys are being stupid and arguing this. No 2 boxing period, it doesn't matter the reason. 2 acccounts per one person isn't allowed, I don't know why you guys are even bothering to argue.
There are people who troll this board that would argue with you over whether it is night or day
Old 04-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Gah, and I was all pumped to play it today.

Also, not sure how to feel about the EXP bonus.

Ok, now that the bitching is out of the way, Excellent work to all of the GMs keeping this server together.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 04-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Kobold

t-31:00:00 till midnight thursday and we get to see if we can play!

/squirms
Old 04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvaata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
t-31:00:00 till midnight thursday and we get to see if we can play!

/squirms
/cheer!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

doesn't all this arguing put yall in a bad mood? should just be friends imo. Anyways see yall soon =)
Old 04-14-2010, 05:58 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update 2, April 14th
Due to the data center being out of stock on equipment needed to rack the server, the server may not be up on Friday. It's about a 50/50 chance the server will even be up on Friday, at which point I doubt it will be in the configuration I need it to be for the network setup which will require additional coordination with the data center. At this point, it is a best case scenario is it will be up by Midnight Friday, but more likely Monday or Tuesday.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Skeleton

AHWHWHHWHW
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Large Rat

bummer
Closed Thread