Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Bard or necro hmmmmm

I was wondering how difficult it is to solo as a bard? Is it 40% exp penalty? I plan to play Solo about 60% of the time. So was debating between necro and bard, just want to make sure I can get into raid content at max level 🙂
Old 04-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

There is no exp penalty anymore. Soloing is easy on both classes.

Raid content is not that fun on this server, so just have fun leveling.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Oh, evan better! Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no exp penalty anymore. Soloing is easy on both classes.

Raid content is not that fun on this server, so just have fun leveling.
Do race penalties still exist?
And just to clarify, all class penalties are gone? Or was it only for hybrids?
Old 04-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Race penalties remained. All class penalties were removed, however warrior/rogue bonuses remained... Iirc. The information is out there. Elly?
Old 04-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Banned

I have a 50+ Bard and Necro...I would recommend the necro. They are a completely underrated class and offer utility that rivals even that of the Bard when properly played (Heals, Charms, Mana Regen, Damage, Pets, Buffs, Better lore). Can't underestimate thier damage capabilities either, they are great (Bard is sh!t DPS)

I find soloing on a Bard ridiculous as well, but I also am sh!t at "swarm kiting" and find it to be borderline exploitive. Necromancer is what i was looking for when I origonally made my bard.

EDIT: With that said, I find it difficult to play the game without Selos now - its so nice its almost worth anything
Last edited by Spyder73; 04-13-2016 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Selos
Old 04-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 50+ Bard and Necro...I would recommend the necro. They are a completely underrated class and offer utility that rivals even that of the Bard when properly played (Heals, Charms, Mana Regen, Damage, Pets, Buffs, Better lore). Can't underestimate thier damage capabilities either, they are great (Bard is sh!t DPS)
This is a a very strong point that most people just don't get, including those who play necromancers. I never came to fully appreciate them until I witnessed the breadth of their versatility in unconventional groups on Red. They are an awesome group class with a lot to offer as Spyd explains above. When you group don't hesitate to utilize all of your tools.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Banned

I honestly think I can heal better on my necro than any of the priests class can (minus complete heal). I have it down to a science between Shadow Pact and Corporeal Empathy and Bond of Death.

Burst damage? Sure you need a "healer", but for grind content none is better than the Necromancer at healing (especially considering you can dispell Recourse for 100% free heals - all you have to do is leave buff slot 1 open)
Old 04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

I believe it. I never played a necro so have no idea about the ins and outs of it. I just know I relied on a necro as primary healer / cc many times leveling on Red and was pleasantly surprised. I am disappointed though when most necros I group with don't know their own potential.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Perfect, thanks so much everyone. I'm thinking of making a dark elf necro, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] when I played many moons ago I was a cleric and i loved to heal, now I want to solo with a bit of grouping. Now to just find a guild, thank you everyone
Closed Thread