Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Default Necro pet weapons

Will a necro pet do more damage with fine steel vs rusty? Ect.. ?
Old 05-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Pets that can dual wield and are given two weapons will do so and therefor quad. They do not take the weapons ratio, but do gain its stats and procs.

For example, a Fine Steel is no better than a Rusty, but a Gnoll Hide Lariat will let your pet stun the mob.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 05-17-2016 at 04:03 PM..
Old 05-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

So lets say i have a scythe in my backpack a 2hander with higher damage, and 2 rusty swords. The pet should do more dps with the two rusty over the higher damage ratio scythe?
Old 05-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So lets say i have a scythe in my backpack a 2hander with higher damage, and 2 rusty swords. The pet should do more dps with the two rusty over the higher damage ratio scythe?
Yes, it will do far more damage. A 2 handed weapon will hit literally half as often as two 1 handed weapons and it will not hit any harder.

You can, however, give your pet a two handed weapon and then give it a secondary only item (like a torch) to let it quad.

This is useful if you are charming a pet and can give it a Mithril Two-Handed Sword and a torch.

It will gain the Haste from the Mithril Two-Handed Sword and still quad because the Torch forces itself into the offhand.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it will do far more damage. A 2 handed weapon will hit literally half as often as two 1 handed weapons and it will not hit any harder.

You can, however, give your pet a two handed weapon and then give it a secondary only item (like a torch) to let it quad.
This is useful if you are charming a pet and can give it a Mithril Two-Handed Sword and a torch.

It will gain the Haste from the Mithril Two-Handed Sword and still quad because the Torch forces itself into the offhand.
Wow thats awesome to know! Just got my necro to lvl 5 last night,so trying to learn as much as i can. Thanks so much!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow thats awesome to know! Just got my necro to lvl 5 last night,so trying to learn as much as i can. Thanks so much!
This link should help you, then. The first pet that can dual wield is the level 20 spell.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer#Pet_Information
Old 05-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

So up until 20 giving my pet 2 weapons instead of 1 makes no difference?
Old 05-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So up until 20 giving my pet 2 weapons instead of 1 makes no difference?
Unless you can parse the amount of swings and determine that the mechanic is bugged, yes, that it what I mean. In fact, up to level 20, giving your pets any weapons should be fairly useless.

On Project 1999, it is entirely possible that any mechanic could be implemented completely incorrectly. For example, many of the melee classes are on the wrong hit/defensive/skill cap tables, and Druids that should be automatically foraging water when thirsty cannot do so ever.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 05-17-2016 at 04:08 PM..
Old 05-18-2016, 11:26 AM
Banned

I keep a Deadwood Stave and Trance Stick in my bag for pets - the Trance stick has a damage proc and the Deadwood Stave has a lifetap...no complaints about the combo thus far besides the fact that if charm breaks your pet is now a monster
Old 05-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Aviak

I am pretty sure you can give your pet a high damage slow 2h weapon at low levels and it will make it hit much harder with same delay. Try it out with a rusty 2h with around 10 dmg and see if that works.
Closed Thread