Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Aviak

Default Help please

The file wsock32.dll in the EQChanges V13 is causing problem for me. I know its this file because of a little trial and error testing. Anyway i click the EQ icon to fire up EQ and i get this message.

The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Never had this problem before. But wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll have never been in a patch before this let alone in the EQ folder so im not sure why they are being added now??? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

I finally had some free time to play last night, and I am having the same problems as others in this thread. I copy the files over to my EQ folder, start up the game, and get the message telling me that my spell files are still out of date. Running windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, it's like 7 days since I have been on and I am going through withdrawals. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're using win7, delete the existing files and then add them to the folder, it has problems with overwriting files that exist, if your install is in program files directory.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi,
I'm new user of "Play on Mac" and I don't know what it does mean "make a rule to overwrite wsock32.dll".
If you are in the same, try this :
Right-clic on Everquest icon in Play on mac, select "Configure"
Select "Library"
Enter "wsock32.dll"
Click "Add". You don't care of error message.
Apply and run
Old 08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Large Bat

Default can't log into game... getting errors

I'm running Linux Ubuntu 11.04 & all was fine on-line, running under wine 1.2 stable
with just some modeling issues which i mentioned to you in a PM earlier.
FYI, the reset I asked for and received didn't help with the modeling issues.

This latest patch has now given me another problem, which coincidentally is identical
to my brothers account which was running perfectly until the latest patch.
This makes me think its related to the latest eqchanges13.zip patch that was just released...

The error from the character select screen reads;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are missing client files
from eqchanges.zip
Please visit project1999.org
and get the latest EQchanges
zip file from the getting
started post and make sure
you extract to your eq folder

[ERROR CODE DLL-1}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this was downloaded and was triple checked for errors

My brother who logs in under Brew and plays the character Blucifer
is now also experiencing same error that I'm reading on the character select screen
with the small exception that he did not have any modeling issues prior
to this latest patch...

My accounts modeling problems [character isn't running or moving in game properly] were reported to you earlier
and the reset I asked for did not fix the issue...
The Project 1999 patcher login screen under "options"
picks up my video card as an NVida GeForce 8300 GS when in reality its a NVida GeForce 8500 GT
I personally believe and think that maybe the issue with modeling...
Bruce [aka Brew] isn't completely sure about this as the modeling issue and he's the A+ certified guru here

hoping the information provided will help you to correct the problems we're experiencing here,
if you have any questions please send me a PM

Cheers and Beers
Barry Blackman, CD
aka "Bearzerker"
playing under the name of "Mezzery"
Old 08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Large Rat

I down loaded the new stuff to two computers and a lap top but the one in my office says I am missing DLL 1 files and shows unknown char.
I can load all other servers except the 1999 Ruins of Kunark.
All my coms are XP
I have reloaded it and deleted it so many times now I'm going goofy.
Just a car mechanic here.
Can someone help me with some suggestions
Drury Stalkingwolf
Last edited by drurry; 08-20-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malimus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The file wsock32.dll in the EQChanges V13 is causing problem for me. I know its this file because of a little trial and error testing. Anyway i click the EQ icon to fire up EQ and i get this message.

The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Never had this problem before. But wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll have never been in a patch before this let alone in the EQ folder so im not sure why they are being added now??? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I finally had some free time to play last night, and I am having the same problems as others in this thread. I copy the files over to my EQ folder, start up the game, and get the message telling me that my spell files are still out of date. Running windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, it's like 7 days since I have been on and I am going through withdrawals. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
both with me as well, those 2 errors and the first time to play in a long time help!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you are having problems with simple extraction of files into the correct directories, just save us and you the headache and use the launcher:

http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip

If you are getting an error like the DecodePointer, try upgrading to latest service pack for your OS.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Aviak

I tried to set up the titanium client on my friend's XP machine with little to no luck yesterday. For about 6 hrs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm getting the same error message as a few others:
"You are missing client files
from eqchanges.zip
Please visit project1999.org
and get the latest EQchanges
zip file from the getting
started post and make sure
you extract to your eq folder

[ERROR CODE DLL-1}"

Manually extracting eqchanges.zip didn't work, the EQemu patcher downloaded 22 or 23 files, but I still ran into the same problem.

Tried installing SP3 after that, still no luck.

If anyone can help us out, I'll gladly paypal you $10.

I've had P1999 running smoothly on my XP SP3 machine since may of 2010 and I'm completely stumped with my friend's PC.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Large Rat

Default allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by regatta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still getting the same problem as other people saying I didn't update my file. Is this still not working with linux/wine? It was before these last two updates a week ago.

(Nevermind found fix for this. You have to allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg.)
How do you allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg?

Thanks
Drurry Stalkingwolf[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread