Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Warrior, Ranger, or Druid to run with Shaman?

Hey P99 friends,

Returning to play with a friend. He is running with a Shaman and I'd like to create something I can pair up with him for duos and grouping.

I'm mostly a casual player rather than a min/maxer but wouldn't mind trying out some raiding when I eventually make it there.

Interested in a Warrior, Ranger and Druid. Any suggestions on which class would work best and why?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Out of those choices, I'd say Warrior or Ranger.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Well a Ranger/Warrior would be essentially the same when duo with a Shaman and both would do great. With a Warrior you would have better defensive stats and possibly a slight advantage in dps over the Ranger. Warriors also get berserk frenzy which is a ton of fun. The Ranger would provide you with a bit more utility over a Warrior, snare being especially nice since that's one of the few things a Shaman cannot do. You could also help out with root crowd control if you guys get overwhelmed. Harmony is also an awesome tool outdoors.

I guess if you want a classic melee/Shaman duo you cannot go wrong either way.

Druid/Shaman would be fun as well and provide a completely different play style. This duo could struggle in dungeons without a tank if there is a lot of caster mobs. I guess it depends on the dungeon. Root rotting with your damage over time spells would probably be your most efficient way to kill. Druids get some nice nukes as well and once you can port it would be easy for you guys to get around to bank or find new mobs to kill.

Good luck either way and let us know what you decide on!!
Old 02-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

If you are casual a shaman/warrior is going to be best since its a classic healer/tank set up. Everyone loves Shaman/Monk because Monk does more DPS and with Slow you don't need much healing, but honestly that's more on the 'high end' and doesn't translate all that well to leveling up unless the Monk is in like 200k worth of gear.

Warrior/Shaman is solid - out of the 3 the most solid by a lot
Old 02-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Is it an innoruuk shaman?

Pair up with half elf warrior of innoruuk.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seems like warrior is the way to go. Works for me.

We are both Barbarians and somebody hooked me up with sweet RZ cultural armor so I should be good to go for a while.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:18 PM
Large Rat

Shaman + Druid animal charm is alot of fun. Especially at 44 when the druid gets savage spirit. Sabertooth tigers in OT can put out some serious dps.

Not sure how it would measure up to a beefy berserk warrior though.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar or Troll CT shaman with fear neck+ ranger snare would make for easy fear kiting undead
Old 02-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

ranger better than warrior in almost every single way in this specific scenario besides hp pool and zerk damage which is dangerous becuase youre relying on root CC from the shammy (who needs to heal not spam root) in that duo. With ranger/shammy the ranger can root any rogue adds and as long as you are outdoor ranger can harmony which is the best spell in the game and you will always get single pulls. Monk for fd pull/mend for heal would also be better than warrior for that duo. Warrior thrives in trios to full groups with solid cc/heals/dps behind his tankyness. Oh also learn how to combat bandage
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 02-07-2018 at 11:29 PM..
Old 02-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like warrior is the way to go. Works for me.

We are both Barbarians and somebody hooked me up with sweet RZ cultural armor so I should be good to go for a while.

Thanks for the help.
This is a awesome combination. You will be able to duo everything from 1 to 60, and form the catalyst to every group endeavor by providing the tank and slows/heals.

I was familiar with a barb duo one time, one was a healer the other a warrior just as you are doing. I watched these guys start with nothing on the server and rise all the way to level 60.

Sadly the shaman quit, I am not sure if he ever came back while the warrior continued for quite some time but it's been months since I seen him on too.

Long story short, the shaman was in a group that actually had the shaman spell Torpor drop. The group rolled, the shaman rolled a 98 which was amazing as the spell at that time was selling for 110k! Except... The rogue had not rolled yet. The rogue did /ran 100 and rolled a 99. Everyone gasped, the rogue got the spell, and the shaman ended up taking a break from the game. Last I heard the shaman never did come back fully.

Anyway, hopefully you guys have better luck if such a situation ever comes upon you. Good luck with your duo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread