Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sleeper is unkillable, he has massive regen.

And before all you supernerds start going BUT OHMAHGAWD HE WAS KILLED ON RALLOS ZEK: There was a very specific bug introduced during the week or two that the sleeper raid took place that completely negated NPC Regen (ie they had none).

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sleeper was nothing but a built-in griefing system. Remember, after enough complaints they added back in dragons down there later that had similar, but renamed drops (the weapons). Instead of primal it was called prismatic or something.
So basically "primal velium (weapon)" was dropped originally. And after the sleeper was awakened, they eventually put other dragons down there that dropped "ancient prismatic (weapon)"? Thanks for answering this!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And before all you supernerds start going BUT OHMAHGAWD HE WAS KILLED ON RALLOS ZEK: There was a very specific bug introduced during the week or two that the sleeper raid took place that completely negated NPC Regen (ie they had none).
To me at least, its not about killing the sleeper, but I would very much enjoy a shot at getting a primal velium/ancient prismatic weapon. I've heard that by the time you get ST keyed, it really only takes 2-3 groups to kill the mobs that drop these weapons. Which is perfect for a smallish guild like mine.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

My memory had faded with time and lots of alcohol since then, but if I remember correctly the mini-bosses still dropped primal velium 2-hand weapons after the Sleeper was awakened (yay knight classes). The duel wielding melee had to get used to switching out weapons really quick in order to keep avatar on.

Yeah, I was in one of those Johnny-come-lately guilds that had 6-12 keys and was just starting to farm minis before the Sleeper was awakened.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Well, you'd hope that all guilds would realize that there is nothing to be gained from awakening the sleeper and never do it. Cause then you're denying your alts the chance at those weapons as well.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

how much you want to bet, that there will be just "that one guild" who will do out of spite? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Kobold

I vote no. I'd like primal + sod pls thx. Dont wake the sleeper farm dragons instead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2011, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spite
Sadly, this is all it takes. Baalzy, you are expecting guilds/persons to think logically.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Kobold

The only reason why guilds woke the sleeper in the past was to get a gear leg-up on competitors. Mostly for a head start into SOL. Thats not the case now. Though I would say that if there was ever a place where I'd like an exception to be made from Classic EQ it would be with this Sleeper Event cock block mechanism. Id be game for a serious penalty, like dragons don't spawn for several months but permanently was never a good idea.

But honestly Kunark was just launched, why are we talking about this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Closed Thread