Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Orc

Default Faction Issue - Bone Chips Quest

Faction Issue - Bone Chips Quest

Can you check to ensure the Bone Chips Quest is returning the correct amount of faction? I believe the amount of faction given on the quest is not correct. I expect this has been the case since the patch that lowered the EXP on the bone chips quest.

Anecdotal evidence; My enchanter is non-KOS in standard form (no illusions, no faction spells, etc.). I kill Vessel, a negative 30 faction hit, I become KOS in standard form. If the bone chips quest gives 1 faction point per turn in, it should take 6 stacks to get back to the same faction standing I was at prior to killing Vessel - Ceteris Paribus. This is not the case. It is taking 3 or 4 times that amount of bone chips to get back to non KOS.

My limited knowledge and experience tells me, they likely lowered the faction return (by accident) when they decreased the EXP on the quest. Can we fix this please?

Aside: I am back to non KOS, so next time I kill Vessel I will track exactly how many stacks it takes to return to my prior faction standing.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Chances are the neg 30 is incorrect and the hit is much greater than that. I do not believe that faction points can be awarded in increments less than 1. So if you are doing 30 turn ins, and not reaching the same faction as before, the hit was greater than 30.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:54 PM
Developer

There are multiple bone chip quests and Vessels, so I'm not able to help without more information...