Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: what would you need to go back to SoE's EQ?
no mercs 101 57.39%
no stat-capping early game gear 79 44.89%
no free lvl 85 chars/aa's 102 57.95%
no Plane of Knowledge 69 39.20%
harder mobs 51 28.98%
less xp 48 27.27%
EXPANSION X WOULD HAVE TO GO! 68 38.64%
they'd have to do more than this.... 123 69.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

nice try, Elidroth
Old 06-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

I can't believe SOE is making its interns do market research on the P99 forums
Old 06-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a reason people call it 'Cats on the Moon' here.
because there was a race of cats on the moon?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

modern EQ is still a good game...but its lost the original EQ flavor.

there is no community on the servers. you can easily solo with mercs (or box...free accounts now) almost to max level. you can raid with your guild without ever even knowing who the other raid guilds are most of the time (instanced content).

the game is so big now (15 years of content) that it is just feels unwieldy.

For me to go back to EQ: they would have to remove mercs, remove instancing, and somehow (progression server, locked static server) limit the content to somewhere between luclin and oow.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because there was a race of cats on the moon?
there was also a race of snake men on the moon....don't forget about the snake men!

and four armed women with boobies!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Whalers on the moon.
In all seriousness, I don't remember, at the time, that the Vah Shir were literally on the moon but it was a race I liked to play. If the moon was not an issue would people here still have problems with the Vah Shir race? I see so much hatred at that race here but they have been around since the beginning with Kera island in a sense.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there was also a race of snake men on the moon....don't forget about the snake men!

who could forget the boobies
Old 06-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whalers on the moon.
In all seriousness, I don't remember, at the time, that the Vah Shir were literally on the moon but it was a race I liked to play. If the moon was not an issue would people here still have problems with the Vah Shir race? I see so much hatred at that race here but they have been around since the beginning with Kera island in a sense.
so basically what we need is an impromptu city, and to replace vah shir graphics with kerrin

If that were to happen could I play a monk/shaman hybrid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
modern EQ is still a good game...but its lost the original EQ flavor.

there is no community on the servers. you can easily solo with mercs (or box...free accounts now) almost to max level. you can raid with your guild without ever even knowing who the other raid guilds are most of the time (instanced content).

the game is so big now (15 years of content) that it is just feels unwieldy.

For me to go back to EQ: they would have to remove mercs, remove instancing, and somehow (progression server, locked static server) limit the content to somewhere between luclin and oow.
I feel like the removal of isntances isnt entirely necessary. Sure with raid content, there should still be competition, but imho the LDoN expansion sort of breathed new life into the game which was slowly losing its replay value (I say that as I play p99 >_>)
Old 06-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't believe SOE is making its interns do market research on the P99 forums
I don't even think it is an intern. He sounds a lot like a guy from SOE that posted a similar thread over on rerolled. They must see the 1000+ people on at a time and salivate at all those micro transactions that they think they are missing out on.

People play here cause they have no interest in that shit show known as EQ Live anymore.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Snakes cool too, but NPCs really don't count.

Quote:
Feh. Armed women with four boobies would have been better. An Akhevan PC race might be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so basically what we need is an impromptu city, and to replace vah shir graphics with kerrin
Always thought kerrans looked horrible (as all of the original graphics), like cats shoved in a clothes dryer for several hours. Or like they were heroin addicts or something. That's it! Bill the Cat!
Last edited by myriverse; 06-22-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Closed Thread