Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 08:55 PM
Kobold

Default Is this the best time to roll/reroll on blue?

If you don't have any interest in the fleeting newness of green, would this be a good time to roll/reroll on blue?

With much of the toxic blue crowd moving on to green, will blue be a good place for a true casual to slowly savor the classic game with access to what most of the game has to offer as well as how it was probably meant to be played? Or will blue be abandoned?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't have any interest in the fleeting newness of green, would this be a good time to roll/reroll on blue?

With much of the toxic blue crowd moving on to green, will blue be a good place for a true casual to slowly savor the classic game with access to what most of the game has to offer as well as how it was probably meant to be played? Or will blue be abandoned?
I think if you are a casual, either server is a win.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With much of the toxic blue crowd moving on to green
You have no idea if this is the case yet. There's rumors of custom content coming to blue which could keep the high end crowd interested in staying. People have a large amount of sunk cost in blue and could very well be more tempted to stay where they are established. Green could see an early spike in popularity then settle down or go below blue's pop.

For all we know the green sever will be the ghost town. Or it could be an even split in population. For now there's really no difference and blue is really just chugging along as if nothing's happening for the most part so its neither a good or bad time to start playing here.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

I think you would enjoy Blue more. Blue will not be abandoned, there are plenty of people who already experienced Classic Live AND p99 when it was first released and wont want to reroll new chars; there will also be people who are excited about Green now, but will sour quickly on it when it doesn't meet their expectations. Blue will be easier than Green with the glut of inventory everyone has accumulated over the last ten years, and more zones available.

Personally I plan on playing both. I am excited to do Green, I didn't start on Live til Velious and Blue until Kunark, but I also have a lot of time invested in my characters on Blue and have no plans on abandoning them.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no idea if this is the case yet.
You're right. And my original post came across harsher than intended. For the vast majority of my time here (year and a half or so) the other players have been awesome.

But a few nasty experiences do stand out and some of them have to do with camps etc. that I figured would be less contested once green opened.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:25 PM
Orc

IMO it's the best time to play blue. Great population in all zones. Good access to all content.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

Apart from the competitiveness at low levels and with less twinkage, and the "all in this together" feeling (such as it is), there's nothing Green will offer the average casual player that you can't get on Blue right now. Play both.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Blue is not going to be abandoned. I predict about half the population will switch for a significant chunk of their playtime. But then you will a slow filtering of people back on to blue when the novelty of green wears off. But then green will slowly get more and more populated and eventually outstrip blue, as most new players will go to green.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

What’s the average amount of people on at peak time? Ive noticed around 1200 in the evenings which isn’t bad really. Most are higher level so old favorites like blackburrow are usually empty which is sad because that used to be a great place to get groups back in the day. Same with oasis. So maybe green will be good I think.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Honestly, I run through Blackburrow a lot on the way to Permafrost, and there are almost always people at the top of the pit that are grouped. Oasis has always got croc / orc highway groups going as well. I'd say there are plenty of low level grouping options around peak times.

Speaking to server numbers, I've seen it around 1,400 - 1,600 peak lately. It would be cool if someone ran like a population tracker or something.