Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a "down convert" even split wouldnt be classic... but would make auto split useful.

I always thought classic auto split was if there was enough coin to split from each type it would.
5 party group spiting 6 coins meant the looter got two and everyone else got 1.
If there wasnt enough for the group the looter got everything.
Gonna have to disagree with this because we used autosplit in classic on Bertox. And only turned it off if you where the ML'er. Which you only ML'ed in certain groups and camps where a vendor was close by. Otherwise it was a rotating loot system that didn't involve one guy getting 5p and the rest of the group getting 0.
Your faction standing with Webster got worse.
Your faction standing with Dyslexia got better.
--You have looted a Spell Checker.--
Old 10-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Orc

Can't say I personally remember exactly how it worked, however I do remember primarily using ML in groups and splitting afterward because it was shit. That or there was a monk in the group that would get a barrage of shitty copper that nobody ever wanted.

It would make sense to have a logical conversion rate for fairness sake, but overall if it stays as is and people don't like it you can always ML and split after. Can't commit on the THATS NOT CLASSIC portion of it due to fuzzy memory :[
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Kobold

The reason ML was used so much is exactly the unfairness. Classic did not downconvert and simply split coins it could evenly giving any remainder to the looter then moved to the next tier of coin. So 5g 27s in a group of 6 was given 4s each, then 5g 7s to the looter.

Please keep it classic.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Kobold

However no 0p 0g 0s 0c messages were issued so a lot of times you were not aware someone looted coin if the mob had less than 5 of each.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you could design a system where it would only downconvert the oddball leftovers. If you're on a three man group and the initial loot was 5p, 0g, 0s, 0c would only split as follows: The first three platinum should split evenly with 1pp each. The 2p left over get down converted to 20 gold, which also split with 6 gold each, with the leftover 2 gold going to the looter. That way, the ML is getting a slight advantage but not getting overwhelmed in gobs of coin.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Seems like it is more broken now than it was before the change. /autosplit off
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguard
Seems like it is more broken now than it was before the change. /autosplit off
How so?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Orc

In the original game it didn't downconvert anything. I played a warrior most of live and the function hasn't changed. Essentially if a mob has 5pp 6gp 0sp 0cp the group would receive 1gp each while the looter would receive 5pp 1gp. It isn't so much an issue when mobs drop 6p+ in Sebilis and beyond. I imagine most people just turn auto split off and just try and be fair to their group. Making the system downconvert would only harm casters with low strength who would have to just destroy the silver and copper.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

I remember a downconvert system in live. I remember monks not liking it.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a downconvert system in live. I remember monks not liking it.
There was no downconvert system in any live era in which I played. Monks would rather not be loaded down with small change. It's as simple as that.