Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 01:03 AM
Large Rat

Default Seafuries

Hi. I believe the drop rate of gems was initially nerfed because players were squabbling over the furies and Amelinda was sick of being petitioned out there to deal with disputes.

Do you think these drop rates could be made classic again please so new players have a way to farm plat they need? Especially on red where there's no market for low end items to speak of, and besides which, on Red we have ways of settling disputes like this without involving GMs (ie, pvp).

Requesting consideration for return to Classic seafuries gem drops, at least on Red if not on Blue. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

I had always thought the drop rate was a fix to more classic levels. Browsing ZAM they reported the following over comments:
-10hr session yielded 1500pp in sellables.
-Another said 1 emerald ring dropped in 30 kills.
-Talk of 300-500pp an hour with island to yourself.
-550pp in a couple hours with island to self
-Rare chance of item for 60pp
-Mention of killing 'a bunch' and no gem drops, question if they drop them at all
-Drop rate seems to be 1 gem in 10 kills that sells for 50pp
-Made 900pp in 4 hours

No mention of high end jewelry such as ruby crowns, etc. I suspect this was a true classic fix, and not the result of some kind of punishment for farm disputes.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No mention of high end jewelry such as ruby crowns, etc. I suspect this was a true classic fix, and not the result of some kind of punishment for farm disputes.
Not ruby crowns specifically but there are several comments about every other high end jewelry piece that dropped there.

Quote:
Sometimes drop Fire Opals, Rubies, Sapphires, Fire Emeralds etc.
^March 2000
Rubies are ~120pp, Sapphires 100pp

Quote:
sapphires too
^Feb 2001

Quote:
The seafury drop nice gems: fire opal, saphire, fire emerald, and rubies.
^This is the 1 gem per 10 kills guy, All of those besides Fire Opal vendor for more than 50pp.

Quote:
have the chance to drop gems (Emerald Ring, Sapphire, Mythril Amulet, Fire Emerald, Fire Opal) that sell for 50+ pp
^June 2001.

Quote:
being a 51 cleric me and my 51 mage friend can do constant pulling for 4 hours he pulls his pet kills 2-3 of them i med and then complete heal his pet after about every 3 battles mad 1 bub xp in 4 hours at 51 and 900pp to boot
This guy you mentioned doesn't specify if that was 900pp total in 4 hours, or 1800pp split between him and his duo partner. It sounds like the latter.

Also worth noting most of the guys are talking about xping on them in the mid 40's, the highest I see is a 51. It's not surprising a lvl 45 with the island to himself wouldn't have as many kills per hour as a lvl 60 necro/shaman/druid holding down 3 or 4 spawns.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Well, vendor pricing aside, the drop rates in the past on P99 certain sounded much, much higher. P99 strategy for 'good money' was to sit on a single spawn point of any seafury and make it profitable / worth your time.

That certainly doesn't seem like the case from these comments, would have been far more profitable than Rathe Mountains hill giants where you have to fight competition to find a mob as soon as it spawned.

I don't know what the P99 drop rate / frequency used to be, I just know it was such a crazy competitive atmosphere I never bothered.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Developer

There is a 5% drop rate increase for gems that is pending the next update. The seafuries will also have a new classic max spawn limit and respawn rate.
Last edited by Telin; 06-04-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Closed Thread