Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Logging into the Wrong Account

There does seem to be a very random issue of this happening. I'm putting in some logging, and I need anyone that this happens to, to write down the name of the characters they see at the character select, and disconnect immedietely. Then either post here or send me a PM with the exact date and time it happened and the character names you saw, and what account you originally tried to login with.

Thanks.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13503

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Aviak

Tried to contact you earlier regarding this, but being ignored doesnt help much on giving out info. I dont remember specifics other than it was a lvl 35 human druid and I belive his name was Oalt or something like that. Sent him a tell and he had no idea about it. Had to be around 9 or 10pm EST if that helps.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

I wanted to post about this last night, but I wasn't sure where it should go. I logged in last night, unsure of the time, and saw a character select screen with a level 45 bard, Morgn, and some characters named things like Corpserunner. It auto-selected Morgn. I didn't log in, naturally, and immediately exited and restarted, and I haven't had the weirdness since. Sorry if this is no help after the fact.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Decaying Skeleton

My account: Xipph
Wrong characters I saw: Dizzi and 1 other (didn't note name)
Time: Aug 01 03:43:18 login time according to the log

I am pretty new, thought maybe it was some kind of event. Completed logging in as Dizzi, 50 warrior. Asked a guild I was standing amid and was informed of the bug then logged out. After logging in again my characters were back but I was disconnected for a few minutes anytime I selected one. Everything was back to normal shortly after.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

What if someone logged into my account, trained the EC tunnel, and got me banned for it?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to post about this last night, but I wasn't sure where it should go. I logged in last night, unsure of the time, and saw a character select screen with a level 45 bard, Morgn, and some characters named things like Corpserunner. It auto-selected Morgn. I didn't log in, naturally, and immediately exited and restarted, and I haven't had the weirdness since. Sorry if this is no help after the fact.
It might be important to note the approximate time, as Morgn was grouped with me and went LD while killing spectres.

Maybe Morgn going LD had something to do with allowing you to log into the account? Not sure, but it may help to give an approximate time. Was it around midnight EST or 2 pm EST?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It might be important to note the approximate time, as Morgn was grouped with me and went LD while killing spectres.

Maybe Morgn going LD had something to do with allowing you to log into the account? Not sure, but it may help to give an approximate time. Was it around midnight EST or 2 pm EST?
I don't believe it was nearly that late. Want to say early evening, like five or six EST.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Need to know if this happens at all since the patch last night. I put some checks in that should disconnect anyone connecting from an ip address that differs from the one the loginserver gives us.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the changes I put in on Sunday, I was able to atleast make it so people ending up on the wrong account get kicked off. The additional logging I put in was able to lead me to the exact cause of the problem in the first place, and I have a fix in for next patch.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread