Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 02:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Ogre Shadow Agi and Fungi Tunic

Hello, I'm wanting to roll an Ogre Shadow Knight and I'm planning on eventually using a Fungus Covered Scale Tunic.

I have 2 questions..

1) I planned on pumping 15 stats points into Agi to get it to 85, with the other 5 into Int. Will having only 75 Int be an issue? Will I have enough mana to solo and also for groups? I don't want to rely on gear to keep me over the 75 Agi with Fungi equipped.

2) How useful is a Fungi Tunic at higher levels, including 60? Can it still be good to wear instead of other chest pieces? I only plan on doing small group content and solo, so I will never see the really high end no drop gear.

Thanks for any incite you can give me!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdyhofriends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, I'm wanting to roll an Ogre Shadow Knight and I'm planning on eventually using a Fungus Covered Scale Tunic.

I have 2 questions..

1) I planned on pumping 15 stats points into Agi to get it to 85, with the other 5 into Int. Will having only 75 Int be an issue? Will I have enough mana to solo and also for groups? I don't want to rely on gear to keep me over the 75 Agi with Fungi equipped.

2) How useful is a Fungi Tunic at higher levels, including 60? Can it still be good to wear instead of other chest pieces? I only plan on doing small group content and solo, so I will never see the really high end no drop gear.

Why so many into AGI?

I'd stick 5 in AGI if the ogre starts with 70 to avoid the penalty and then the rest into INT or STA.

Typically it's easy to get AGI stuff to counter the Fungi Tunic AGI hit.

Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons give you +9agi iirc, Djarns Ring +9agi just a couple I can think of off the top of my head.

Honestly ogres start with so much STA I think it's pretty easy to hit their ceiling with decent gears. I'd consider INT over STA for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdyhofriends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 2 questions..

1) While starting stats are fairly meaningless, pumping 15 in agility still seems like a bad idea. You will get more than 10 agility from random gear in my experience. I would recommend going all STA or maybe 5 into agility if you are worried about it.

2) Fungi is definitely more useful at lower levels. Really the higher you get the less of an impact it has. But with that said unless you are in a raid Fungi is probably the BiS tunic for nearly everyone who can wear it. Regen is just too good and the other options don't really compare. The Velious clickie chests are great for stats and whatnot but the heal has a terribly long cast time and doesn't work while in combat. HP regen feels more OP on P99 than it did on Live for some reason. So to answer your question the Fungi will get sh!ttier and sh!ttier the higher you level but if at 60 you are wearing a Fungi its still pretty awesome, just not game breaking like it is in the low levels.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Gear can fix your geared negmods to agi. I think it is nice to have 75 Agi while naked.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

+5agi, then because you're not planing to do high end Velious raiding and mostly solo/small groups maybe INT and some STR for the rest of your points. Or maybe some DEX. But no more than 5 AGI.

Fungi will carry you 1-30 in super cheese mode.
Then it will still be very nice 30-45, but you will have to start thinking a tiny bit.
45+ I didn't do myself, but from what I've heard, for a solo SK it is more of a swap item you wear between fights when medding to heal yourself. In-fight you should wear something else. However, it still does a fantastic job at that healing part. BW to 50% then Fungi to cap.

TL;DR you will use your fungi and love it all the way to 60. Don't put more than +5 into your starting AGI.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Will having only 75 Int be an issue? Will I have enough mana to solo and also for groups?!
Disease cloud costs 10 mana.
Leave int worries to the robesy casters.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

+5 into agi, rest into sta dex or int, or some combination of those if you want. Never spend any points on str when making an ogre sk cause its probably the easiest stat to cap even without high end shit. Fungi is always a nice thing to have for anyone that can wear it even at 60. Thurg bp shouldnt be too hard for you to get your hands on so at 60 you should wear that and keep the fungi in your bags for the odd situation where you need to both med and heal or need to regen back up while FD'ed, etc.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

I like having 75 Agi, even when naked.

While wearing a fungi you can wear other gear to offset that specific item's penalty.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers and SK’s have snare clicks on their Kunark gloves, both are like 500p. While snare and engulfing darkness are not mana hogs having these pieces in your pack can save your group if OOM.

Your aggro spells are super cheap. The only time a bigger mana pool will help is long duels and soloing something that needs dozens of fears. Being huge is the biggest annoyance of an ogre sk.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Get a Cat O' Nine Tails it procs a +18 AGI buff.

Starting stats AGI to 75 and put the other points elsewhere.
Closed Thread