Name spelled wrong, didn’t read.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Banned

moved to resolved
Old 09-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 09-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, that’s fair, I deserve that.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Orc

While you have your own opinion you cannot say for sure what everyone finds fun or not. Also as El-Hefe put it so well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would argue that trying to please people is what made EverQuest and MMORPGs begin their decline in the first place.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Orc

I'd like to mention a few things from release on live.

The spell book was initially displayed while medding even at level 50. I was 50 before the level 35 patch was introduced.

You could also move spells around in the spell book while medding. I had a VERY organized one.

I believe you could also see your groups' health bars while medding. I distinctly remember medding till a heal was necessary then medding again. Unfortunately I have no pictures of this.

I understand that the blank screen hack was the best that could be done. I'm a developer and such is life.

I'll have to stand up every 6 secs to check the health bars I guess. Maybe every 3 secs as a lot can happen in 6 secs.

At least the change was not classic enough to last past level 35.
Last edited by eddyystop; 09-22-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyystop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe you could also see your groups' health bars while medding. I distinctly remember medding till a heal was necessary then medding again. Unfortunately I have no pictures of this..
Of course you could. Clerics/etc couldn't function otherwise and it's plainly visible on any number of old-world screenshots. I believe you can see the group window on their implementation of it too. It's very difficult to see because it's black UI elements against a black background, but I don't think the meditate blackout covered up the UI elements. The hotbuttons are clearly still visible. There simply weren't any other players grouped with the test character. If the other UI elements (such as group window) are NOT visible that would be extremely un-classic.

EDIt: re-watched Rogean's video. player health bars, socials window, target window, hotbuttons, chat window are all clearly visible while meditating. No reason to think the group window (hard to see due to black-on-black) would be uniquely and solely hidden when none of the others are. I think we're safe in that respect.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 09-22-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Classically Savage.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classically Savage.
That made he so horny
Old 09-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

IMO we shouldn't be launching any new servers until we get the viewport UI fully functioning and required. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]