Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:43 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I preordered this and still haven't played.

Might at some point though.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 12-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smuggler or bust.
I was watching the progression of the Smuggler on youtube,and they honestly look pretty badass as far as gameplay goes. I may look into it.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 12-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

im sticking with marauder and btw this game isnt really meant to be the next mmo imo its more of a kotor 3 4 5 6 and so on exaclty what they said it would be really lol
Old 12-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juugox2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im sticking with marauder and btw this game isnt really meant to be the next mmo imo its more of a kotor 3 4 5 6 and so on exaclty what they said it would be really lol
True,it still looks like a pretty solid game though

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

From what I've seen on youtube, the game looks kinda lame. Then again Star Wars is lame too. Been lame since the prequels.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

It is WOW.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I've seen on youtube, the game looks kinda lame.
It looks worse in videos than it feels when playing it, at least in my opinion (could say the same for everquest).

I'm having a good time with it. Although it is extremely similar to aspects of WoW and many other MMOs, they gave me reasons to group up with a couple buddies and level together (non-instanced 2-4 man content, no xp penalty for grouping, increased social point gain, free companion, etc. etc.) and that's been something missing from mainstream MMOs for a while now.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

The graphics look lame to me too though. To be fair, I never liked WoW's graphics either. I actually prefer EQ's to WoW's, because I prefer a game that at least attempts realism, vs. purposely trying to look cartoonish.

But that's me. I've been playing Skyrim instead of p99 the past few weeks (with some Battlefield 3 thrown in) so right now just about every MMO looks bad graphically. I don't even have EQ installed on this new computer.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The graphics look lame to me too though. To be fair, I never liked WoW's graphics either. I actually prefer EQ's to WoW's, because I prefer a game that at least attempts realism, vs. purposely trying to look cartoonish.
if i want to look at real shit i go outside. other than that im all about how the game play is and if its fun or not.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i want to look at real shit i go outside. other than that im all about how the game play is and if its fun or not.
I have a thing against cartoonish graphics. I also have a major thing against anime so maybe that's why.

Graphics don't make a game. I know. I grew up with atari 2600 and text-based or icon-based RPGs on the Commodore 64. But playing a cartoon? I'll pass.