Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Aviak

was kind of op on vanguard. being able to run and cast at the same time was pretty awesome for a cleric. i ran around on nooblet and slayed tons of people. was a lot of fun until we ran out of content.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Rigz, accompanied by Shoon, Vol, Bodu, Durkk

now thats one legit crew right there dog
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rigz, accompanied by Shoon, Vol, Bodu, Durkk

now thats one legit crew right there dog
Thank you Bodu for lifetime subscription on Vanguard for free..
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

bros what up??

I made an epic song lyrics for that song that played when you walked through the thestrian town.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/fi...17/117/336.JPG
Old 11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

did 5k infamy make you good on vanguard?

I guess so. LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Sony ruined any chance of pvp VG had. Those TP stones were sooooo stupid. You would "tp" into a town only to get ganked before you even loaded. I never understood why there was not some kind of temp invuln while loading.

Plus the macroing was way too overboard. My friend played a monk and literally had a macro that shot like 4 or 5 of his moves off all at once for an instant KO at almost any given moment.

I will say though monk class looked so fun with soaring leap. He was a fucking ninja.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Aviak

Interesting, I sent him an email back when I read that EQ was inducted into the GDC Hall of Fame and told him thats all the more reason he should begin work on his next MMO. His response:

Agreed -- thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Brad
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanguard had some really amazing things in it.

It had potential to be the new Everquest (group content the focus, dungeons how they were meant to be and such).

I wish it had done better. I remember when I was 30 something and the 40s in my guild all started quiting because of a lack of content.

Vanguard was fun and I enjoyed most of the time I spent in it. It had some definite inovations.

Then again, it's coding seemed to be something a developer just puked out. I had just bought new gaming rig for both Vanguard and Conan and my god I was crashing every fucking hour in that game.

I quit about a month in after they nerfed a ton of classes including my Shaman. Epic nerfs and epicly bad coding are NOT FUN!
Groot - 21 Human Monk
Urso - 21 Dwarf Cleric
Bofric - 20 Dwarf Rogue
Dauthi - 15 Iksar Shadow Knight
Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Kobold

Searyx = Brad duh!
Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMajor

Vanguard was fun and I enjoyed most of the time I spent in it. It had some definite inovations.

Then again, it's coding seemed to be something a developer just puked out. I had just bought new gaming rig for both Vanguard and Conan and my god I was crashing every fucking hour in that game.

I quit about a month in after they nerfed a ton of classes including my Shaman. Epic nerfs and epicly bad coding are NOT FUN!
I read that the coders were forced to start over a few times or something like that ( this info came out around the time Sony bought it and they handed out all the firings, so could be BS)
Last edited by gnomishfirework; 11-23-2011 at 03:05 AM..
Closed Thread