Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Kobold

I was banned for warping. I have macroquest installed, like 95% of everyone else who has ever played on a custom eqemu server where it's allowed to help box multiple characters. If you'd like, I can send you a screenshot of the folder and you'll notice no warping plugins. If someone was like "hey Reiker I'll give you $100,000 to /warp ingame" I wouldn't even be able to do it since I don't have the plugin, don't know where to get the plugin, and I'm not interested in the plugin.

I used macroquest the first two weeks the server was up, due to being used to using it on other server to take away some tedium (like, /targeting a mob through a wall instead of invising myself and then walking around the wall to /target). I was banned because of a screenshot that had the macroquest window open (which I didn't post here obv). I was unbanned shortly after and explained that I had a clean slate, which obviously wasn't true, as I was banned months later after never using macroquest since the original incident.

That's about all I have to say on the matter.

Would also like to emphasize that I've been playing characters here casually for the past year under various names and have not once been suspected of any kind of cheating.

The "cheating" I've done is absolutely benign compared to people like Abacab who actually log in just to disrupt other players, or the DDOSers. In the light of offers made to Abacab to restore his character, I'm just saying I'd like the same consideration!
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Old 12-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

come on dudes, it's santa's birthday

unban this friendly pal
Old 12-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I'd like to add that although I've had access to a botnet I've never once ddosed the server.
Is this some sort of passive threat?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this some sort of passive threat?
Yeah now they can't refuse, because of the implication....
Old 12-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Aviak

Like many people at the beginning of the server, he was banned for not having a GM in his guild.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harazzer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like many people at the beginning of the server, he was banned for not having a GM in his guild.
Xzerion isn't a GM?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:20 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A. You were not banned for warping, atleast not alone.
B. You WERE using macroquest.
C. You were given NOT ONE but TWO warnings. Most people don't even get one anymore, nowadays macroquest is instant ban with 0 tolerance.
D. We just repelled a 4 gigabit ddos, the only reason you would even say something like "hey I have botnet but I didn't use it" is some sort of way of making us more afraid or more sympathetic? I'm not sure what the point of that is.
E. This is not the petition forum. /thread

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread