Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should both servers be wiped every 993days?
No - I prefer I completely unclassic 10 year time line to gear out my 99 alts 440 52.38%
Yes - I would play on a classic Everquest 993d lifespan server including end of timeline wipe 400 47.62%
Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Could you imagine 1k peeps fighting over fire giants raid? Was bad with a pop of 300-400. Would be super crowded.
End game raiding a little crowded with the population here. Green x2 would alleviate early game and late game congestion and provide a stable ground for influx of p99 popularity during a progression. Current blue is f@%& in so many ways and is the worst example to use as a comparison to a future green.

Wipe it green
Old 01-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you imagine 1k peeps fighting over fire giants raid? Was bad with a pop of 300-400. Would be super crowded.
End game raiding a little crowded with the population here. Green x2 would alleviate early game and late game congestion and provide a stable ground for influx of p99 popularity during a progression. Current blue is f@%& in so many ways and is the worst example to use as a comparison to a future green.

Wipe it green
Great point regarding high pop server rollout problems
Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
obviously it should be wiped but I do feel for the dude who like just finished his mage epic yestreday after farming for 2 years..... dont wipe justl aunch another one and use crowdfunding to pay for it
I would donate for a fresh server only if it had instanced raiding. It would just end up like this server as far as endgame in short order otherwise. Blue could be kept live for those that enjoy the competitive nature of end game here. Casuals deserve a good home too imo while still keeping the p99 community together!
Old 01-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I would love to see a classic only server. Problem is what Tenderizer mentioned, over-crowding.

It would be an interesting solution to launch a server with Classic + Kunark BUT do not itemize Kunark at all (maybe a few exceptions like keys for Seb / HS). Do not even put any raid content (this means no epics, no keys to VP, no Gore in DL, etc).

I would love it if Crafted Armor on warriors stayed relevant, and SSoYs reigned supreme. Opening with Kunark as a solution to over-crowding would be great. I would say keep level cap at 50 as well, no iksar starting races allowed.

Kunark itemization instantly killed nearly all Vanilla items, it was a damn shame (i.e. buy Kunark or you won't be able to compete, typical marketing strategy for games).

On 2nd thought, maybe do include raid mobs with some slight itemization (maybe like that 13/24 trash scimitar in VP). Could help open up planes raiding in vanilla for folks.

Hell, would Velious even be a good idea to keep? No armor questing or game changing itemization either. Would be interesting in Velious using vanilla gear / spells to try and down raid content.

This idea just keeps sounding funner and funner. What do y'all think? I'm getting a little slippery slope with it.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just have to split up the population so that the game is tolerable without pickzones and instancing. Otherwise it's a mess to have a server on the real timeline with 500+ players.

Grinding from 40-50 would be awful with 200~ players in that range jostling between the 3 LGuk and 2 Sol B camps that are still relevant.
Like I said, open with Kunark and Velious to open up exp areas and such. Hell, maybe even some of the vanilla itemization can drop in Kunark such as SSoY on chief in Droga or on Dogs in Velks.

Can help spread out bottlenecks, encourage grouping with 6 people at those harder velious mob camps to try and get items rather than a solo / duo locking down LGuk mobs.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.

Just split up the population as much as possible so that everything isn't permacamped. Then merge servers at later points if the populations require it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Just have to split up the population so that the game is tolerable without pickzones and instancing. Otherwise it's a mess to have a server on the real timeline with 500+ players.

Grinding from 40-50 would be awful with 200~ players in that range jostling between the 3 LGuk and 2 Sol B camps that are still relevant.
I agree that it'd be a mess, but camp competition is classic, isn't it? There are a few other spots to xp too: Giants in Rathe, city guards (Oggok comes to mind), Oasis giants / spectres, Everfrost, Permafrost.

I think we'd be OK, people would just have to learn to spread out instead of sticking to the camps they've been in for the last 20 years.
Last edited by d3r14k; 01-10-2018 at 12:55 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not classic.

Just split up the population as much as possible so that everything isn't permacamped. Then merge servers at later points if the populations require it.
Yea, we're beyond 'not classic' with this idea. Just thinking of a way to have a vanilla itemization server without the crowding of JUST releasing vanilla content. Just a fun thought experiment.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

I was told there was a shared bank meeting in this direction....
Old 01-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
P99 players are much more powerful than you were in classic. You have access to many better UI features and mods. This allows players to consume more content with fewer players.
Anyone remember Highkeep goblins being two different camps on Live?
I don’t think UIs and “mods” have anything to do with it. People are just more knowledgeable after playing the game for 2 decades. And no longer on dial up. You know the most efficient way to gear and kill things thanks to wikis and YouTube/streaming. We share all information thus become more powerful.

It’s not going to make a difference though. They are going to release green for all to enjoy crowded camps or exploring every last nook and cranny for exp. Doesn’t matter what anybody says. It’s a privelage we still get to experience the classic era with this community. So If you aren’t willing to deal with crowds then find some other hobbies and wait until kunark drops via the classic timeline for easier leveling.
Last edited by Crede; 01-10-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread