Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Skeleton

Default Meming New spells

Originally memorizing new spells took a lot longer, it seems really unoriginal not to have this. Anyway we can implement this into the game where it actually takes a while to memorize all those new spells? It definitely wasn't under 1-2 seconds per spell.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

I never played a high level caster, but I definitely remember PRE-meditate skill that it took much, much longer. I seem to recall as your meditate skill increased, your ability to scribe increased. It may be that scribing still took that long, but that you could memorize a spell much faster once you got meditate. Been so long for me to be for sure.

If you can find some hard data where people did time trials on scribing (i.e. not re-post your original message with no links) then you can make a bug report on it.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

enjoy your free everquest, jackass.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Developer

Scribing new spells should take a lot longer, and memorizing spells also took longer depending on your level and the level of the spell being memorized. This is a known issue, but cannot be fixed at this time due to client limitations.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scribing new spells should take a lot longer, and memorizing spells also took longer depending on your level and the level of the spell being memorized. This is a known issue, but cannot be fixed at this time due to client limitations.
I have faith in you guys to figure it out. Y'all figured out how to change everyone's bind points that were in dungeons. This change would inhibit some classes ability to solo as effectively. Would be great for grouping zones! Hohoho
Old 10-16-2017, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that sucks. ^

I know whenever I play my casters I always hate the fact memming spells only takes a couple secs instead of 20-30 sec each. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean come on OP, this has to be a troll thread. Honestly, can you explain why memming spells should take longer, and exactly how that is a good thing?

Seriously I just want to know.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The scribing functionality isn't classic (too fast). However, it is slower to memorize spells that are closer to your level. I can memorize a level 4 spell much faster than a level 58 spell on my 60 enchanter. Whether the speed is spot on, that I can't comment on.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have faith in you guys to figure it out. Y'all figured out how to change everyone's bind points that were in dungeons. This change would inhibit some classes ability to solo as effectively. Would be great for grouping zones! Hohoho
That's stored server side though. Much easier to manipulate.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Skeleton

The jokes on you cause your the acting as a troll. MY first gives reasoning on why this should be implemented, I will re-quote myself and say it makes the game more original, wasn't that the whole point of the server? Your probably too busy laying on your lvl 60 trying to be someone. It's just a game I gave my 2 cents take it or leave it. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that sucks. ^

I know whenever I play my casters I always hate the fact memming spells only takes a couple secs instead of 20-30 sec each. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean come on OP, this has to be a troll thread. Honestly, can you explain why memming spells should take longer, and exactly how that is a good thing?

Seriously I just want to know.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's stored server side though. Much easier to manipulate.
yeah there's a lot of stuff they can't fix, like the lighting system is entirely wrong and humans don't actually go blind. blame titanium.
Closed Thread