Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:19 AM
Banned

HE if youre the kinda person to wear sweatpants or socks w/ sandles out in public.

DE if you have good taste.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of assumptions, very little knowledge. You should probably stop typing now.
This is funny because your post applies perfectly to itself.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one really knows about 255 vs 200.
You said so yourself, moron.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I went full int with Loraen instead of charisma and it's not the end of the world: I still have 225 cha with self buffs
Oh, I see what you're doing. You fucked up your character stat points and now you're trying to pull a Cecily.

Quote:
I'd much rather have 200 int/255 cha than the reverse.
By the way, just a reminder.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Exhaustive nerd trials and testing have shown negligible decreases in critical calm resists above the 200 CHA softcap. The main checks are Level then MR.

Roll Erudite, only 10 less CHA base, more INT, and far less "gay" of a race.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

You were so desperate to deflect from your misunderstanding of hard/soft caps that you spent an hour looking up out of context quotes from my enchanter guide? Immersion level: critical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraen's Enchanter Guide
I have a slightly more nuanced view of gear at this point. 200 charisma is still definitely your first gear goal: my current [http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=92423 best guess] for charm durations is that they depend linearly on charisma, and that this effect is softcapped 50% above 200. After this, you have to choose between getting more HP, more mana, or 255 charisma, and I think this depends a lot on what you want to do:
* If you duo with a cleric (or group mostly), you want 255 charisma and then as much mana as you can get. +1100 HP from [[Heroism]] and [[Symbol of Marzin]] will trump any gear you can find.
* If you are soloing 'Master' level content (Howling Stones South, Crypt, Sebilis NG) or duoing with a shaman you want hitpoints. With taps you won't need much mana, and your primary concern is getting bad charm breaks and having to cap out without killing a target with a 10k item. Shamans can't give you hitpoints, but malo helps with resists a lot.
* If you are soloing 'Grandmaster' level content (Howling Stones East, some areas of Velious) you want mana. You'll be casting manahog spells like [[Rapture]] and [[Boltran's Agacerie]] and getting more frequent resists (= recast = more mana). Hitpoints won't be as important because you'll always have Rune and Bedlam up (=1100HP), and 1 mana = 2 HP of Rune, and you can use potions to max charisma when you really want to.
incoming samoht rage edits of the wiki page in 4 3 2 1 . . .
Old 07-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing is out of context. I have you admitting to allocating your starting points wrong, and admitting that you would rather have 255 CHA than INT. I think those pretty much reinforce everything I've been saying in this thread.

But two personal attacks in one post? You're deflecting harder than Alarti at this point.

Quote:
Still, on the whole I'd rather have 10% longer charm durations than 10% more HP, so I guess I'm going to have to regear a little. Stupid int/gnome builds with 75 base CHA.
I'll just leave you with this little gem.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

My preference for 255 CHA over 255 INT or my stat allocation on Loraen have nothing to do with the mechanics of the soft cap. Keep trying to deflect, though.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

It is your opinion that it is a soft cap because somebody did some less than adequate research that showed in their very limited sample size that 255 CHA had some more effect than 226 CHA but strangely not more than 200. Maybe you should try a sample size more than 36. For it to be truly scientific, I would recommend something in the millions.

It is a fact, however, that 255 is the hard cap, and you can reach 255 with a CHA buff of 55 when you have an unbuffed CHA of 200, and that is a certain reason why 200 is a soft cap.

But, let me be frank with you, you have a condition called poisoning the well. You made a bad decision on both character race and stat allocations, and rather than face your bad decision and teaching other people not to make the same decision, you appear to be downplaying your own mistakes and telling other people that it's not that big of a deal. Still, they are mistakes none the less. I hope nobody follows your example.

After all, gnomes are a really poor choice for enchanter race. It doesn't even land in the top three. You should probably reroll before Velious.

Imagine your gear on a high elf. You would be able to wear real boots and a real bracer. Nice.
Last edited by Samoht; 07-12-2015 at 05:01 PM..
Old 07-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Samoht, your ignorance of facts and facility with ad hominems would make you an excellent politician. It's quite amusing how you quote me as recommending CHA builds on the one hand and then say I'm poisoning the well by not recommending CHA builds on the other. Make up your mind.

Also, we know there is a charisma softcap at 200. We have two sets of tests: Propo showing a 2x increase going from 95 to 225, and my work showing maybe 10% after massaging the data (somehow I didn't see any tests by you). The difference below 200 was so profound that it popped out immediately despite the low sample size.
Closed Thread