Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Should the sleeper awaken script be implemented?
Yes. 193 48.01%
HELL NO! 209 51.99%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Default Sleeper Awakening?!

Yep....I think R&F is a great place for this poll. Do it up. VOTE NOW!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Banned

Would take the entire server uniting to kill the sleeper - moot issue
Old 10-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe I am not understanding. I thought when you waken him, other mobs in his tomb do not spawn anymore. Correct?

If I am wrong, and it doesn't limit spawns of the initial mobs before he is awaken, then go for the awakening. I just don't want to lose content.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would take the entire server uniting to kill the sleeper - moot issue
It certainly does not take the entire server to wake the Sleeper. It doesn't matter if he's effectively unkillable, because one guild can still wake him and this would result in altered end-game loot tables for the remainder of this server's lifespan.

This wasn't that much of an issue in Live because not only did an expansion come out one year following the release of Velious that provided superior loot, but the players only have a year in Kunark prior to Velious, so they were not nearly as close to being capable of waking the Sleeper as P1999's population is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I am not understanding. I thought when you waken him, other mobs in his tomb do not spawn anymore. Correct?

If I am wrong, and it doesn't limit spawns of the initial mobs before he is awaken, then go for the awakening. I just don't want to lose content.
The warders stop spawning when he is awakened. Other mobs spawn in their place with different loot tables.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Gnome mask rip
Old 10-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Banned

yes because its classic and means chest will never get a lungi
Old 10-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Kobold

I voted yes, but then I looked at Kerfyrm's loot table on the wiki...

Known Loot:
None

Can someone ELI5 the consequences/benefits of awakening this rave light show of a boss mob?
Old 10-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp403 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It certainly does not take the entire server to wake the Sleeper. It doesn't matter if he's effectively unkillable, because one guild can still wake him and this would result in altered end-game loot tables for the remainder of this server's lifespan.

This wasn't that much of an issue in Live because not only did an expansion come out one year following the release of Velious that provided superior loot, but the players only have a year in Kunark prior to Velious, so they were not nearly as close to being capable of waking the Sleeper as P1999's population is.

The warders stop spawning when he is awakened. Other mobs spawn in their place with different loot tables.
Sorry, you posted this while I was still drafting my post. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Waking the sleeper can be done with 2 groups because all it takes is them going in and killing the warder that is left up. I cant remember the name but it was one of the easier warders. At least on Fennin Ro. I was never able to see the zone preAwakening.

You were not meant to kill Keyfrym you were only meant to awaken him. Due to a bug on live I think 1 server was able to kill. But since it was never meant to be killed there was no loot table.

Also if they base it off actual timeline then chances are the new loot table for ST would never be implemented so once it is done ST becomes a lot less enjoyable.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

1. Add loot to sleepers loot table
2. Server Unites to kill sleeper
3. Profit