Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 AM
Kobold

Wink Luclin

*Waits for all the knee jerk howls to subside...*

Interesting on the live forums. It is concerning a permanent classic server by the Vocal Minority (R)...

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/in...er.2096/page-2

Quote:
"And yet the 'no' vote crowd prevailed when GoD rolled around. I agree with you that we don't have detailed demographic data, but nonetheless this is the only real evidence we have, as opposed to the self-serving speculation on both sides of the argument. The specific argument I was addressing was the idea that Luclin and PoP ruined EQ and that the only reason why the game kept growing is that the overall online community kept expanding. If that was true, then it should have taken awhile for Luclin to open. In fact, that is what the dev's expected -- they said that they were curious whether the community would ever vote to open Luclin. The rhetoric from the classic server crowd took a hit the day Luclin was voted open, whether by one vote or a thousand votes. "

All the board bullying aside. The people spoke. Apparently the players on the server were able to vote, not just the board trolls and the people who brave them to post.

- Brimacombe.
Last edited by Brimacombe; 02-28-2013 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: What writing has over speaking: adjusting what you said :)
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 AM
Kobold

well as i think i stated in that thread, i'll state here too..

when you have people only joining the server to be first, then quitting, then coming back again to be first when new content opens, of course luclin will be voted open.

I would only put any stock in the voting, if people who put in 20+ hours a week for months were able to vote. So those people who left only waiting to come back, were unable to swing the vote, as they do not make up the servers true population.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

No point in talking about Luclin when we don't even have Velious

Zones are by no means "cleared of anything worth killing" -- the no box rule takes care of that.

100 people go on hiatus from p99 for ever 1 that quits permanently... and that's a problem of content. Kunark has simply been around too long.

There will be more than enough content between the classic, kunark, and velious zones once it opens.

I liked Luclin a lot myself. But what really killed the game was the exponential power creep it brought. For example you could outfit a level 1 in umbral plains no-drop rots and be better equipped than a NToV Raider and have weapons better than (some) epics.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 02-28-2013 at 06:40 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Kobold

It has been a while for me; Velious introduced AAs, didn't it? I think that is what will keep people interested.

Oh, and by the way, I am really happy that this didn't turn into an explosion thread. I wanted to make my point, but didn't want the railing and frothing that usually occurs when Luclin is brought up in a positive light.

- Brimacombe.
Last edited by Brimacombe; 02-28-2013 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: BTW Statement
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Kobold

luclin is AA's unfortunately... so no extra fun on this server...
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Kobold

Smile mmmmm

Well, I don't want to grandstand or campaign. I wanted to make my point and I did. That's all I have to say on the subject. At the end of the day I have a blast on this server and I appreciate immensely the work the hosts have put into it. I read somewhere that Rogean mentioned it was more work than he thought it would be, but he is still slugging away so we can have this. Him and the team have been troopers.

I'll see you all when I finally level to cap and I can vie for best in class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Brimacombe
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Kobold

the biggest problem with the expansions was mudflation. from one expansion to the next items should really only be 10% or so better. with items being up to 100% better than the last expansion you render everything prior to the expansion obsolete.
Imo most people hated luclin so much because it made everything they had worked for so hard junk gear just by killing xp mobs 3 zones into the expansion. This made people angry and bitter. Other than that luclin was actually a good expansion, other than the endless trash mobs they forced on us.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

Nexus(easyports), bazaar, character models, cats on moon, OP gear

all reasons i hate Luclin

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

EQ didnt decline till after PoP

IMO kunark is a worse expansion than luclin entertainment wise

Iksars are incredibly ugly
mobs have huge hps and hit hard
the end-zone VP is a pita to get in
travel is terrible

The only upside was epics, otherwise the entirety of kunark is a wash

Lucing had great leveling zones for everyone, as well as great kiting spots all the way to 60. Easy travel and access, lots of raid targets. Improved selling and lots of cheese, etc. And AA's.. just amazing.
Last edited by senna; 02-28-2013 at 05:47 PM..
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Kobold

agree Sirken...

but aa's made you able to customize your character a bit more, do things that really made certain classes more fun to play...

like allowing the cleric to actually melee undeads a fair bit....
Closed Thread