Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Kobold

Default Best way to bank in gfay?

Ok, I have my ogre warrior killing orcs and am wanting to bank. Guards are dubious, bards are threateningly and banker is full on kos with the guards outside the bank being kos as well(think only threateningly though).

I do follow rallos so that helps to not have the deity pose an issue(I think).

After killing enough orcs(app/indif to guards), how do I get to the point I can use the bank without watching over my shoulder?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know if the bard guild will ever like you, but you should be able to kill enough orcs to get the guards and banker to be dubious+. Take the PoD lift, go straight across the pad to the bridge, then up the ramp on the left on the 2nd tree-pad. The third pad you arrive at has the bank. You'll avoid the bard guild in this fashion and also will not pass the ranger nor druid guilds. Its the straightest shot that exists.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

You're going to trash your neriak faction killing those orcs. I really dont see it ever being possible to bank because of your alignment to Rallos. Goodluck tho
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atennu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're going to trash your neriak faction killing those orcs. I really dont see it ever being possible to bank because of your alignment to Rallos. Goodluck tho
Wood Elf warriors can also worship Rallos Zek. I don't think it should be a big problem. I'd rather have my Neriak faction then Kelethin but to each their own.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

IIRC Rallos is not a "preferred" diety in Kelethin, but you won't take the hit a true evil god (CT, Inny, Bertox) would give you. Also, Kelethin is much more important than Neriak IMO, because you can always slay Lucan once or twice and be pretty free to bank in FP, which is closer than Neriak to EC anyways.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

You'll probably be off Faydwer in no time and probably won't ever need the woodelf faction ever again. I wouldn't do it.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

It's too late - the "damage" is already done. Besides, it's been discussed in another thread that bad Indigo Brotherhood faction will not keep you from doing business in Neriak. Stay away from the warrior guild house. No big whoop.

FWIW, I am working on Cabilis faction and while I am dubious or better with many groups therein, the bankers still scowl, ready to attack. But they don't attack, and I can use the bank as normal. In contrast, I still haven't been able to sell my junk to a dubious merchant in Cabilis.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Aviak

Good luck! As an Ogre SK, I killed orcs from like lvl 4 to lvl 15 and the banker is still KoS.

The guards actually look at me nicely (not kindly) but the banker is Kill on Site and the merchants are dubious (won't sell to me).

I just live in a world where I never bank... lol (or hire woodelves to do my bidding..IE buy/sell)
Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Neriak faction is easy to increase by just farming wisps/doing Evil Research quest in SRO.

If you're doing it for faction (ie you overlevel the content), it should take you longer to get ports/run to Eruds Crossing than it will to farm up enough stones to not be KOS by the majority of Neriak.

My high elf enchanter worshiping Errolisi Marr can walk around in Neriak without DE illusion up. There are one or two places I can't go, but the rest of the city is open.

Edit: I've never done the Red Wine Neriak quest, but you should be able to do that easy after a couple bags of LS/GLS at the SRO camp.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Another possible banking option is Ak'Anon.

You kill the minos and rogue clockworks (I believe) in Steamfont to improve
that faction. Not sure how long it takes though to get non-KOS and to
use the banker there. Evil races can also sell at the druid at the druid
ring there (Crisyn). I keep my DE Necro bound there.

My Necro has killed a bunch of minos already and is still KOS, though I think
I've moved from "ready to attack" to "threateningly" with the guards.
Not sure how long it will take...has anybody done it?

Crushbone Orcs are untouchable...want to keep my Neriak faction in tact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread