Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Default Reset server

Am i the only one who thinks it would be awesome if they just reset the server so everyone had to start at scratch again? It would fix the economy and would level the playing field out again, also give everyone something to do instead of complaining about velious release.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Keep all the system updates and everything kunark enabled everything up to date, just delete all the user data get rid of every character and item
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Who spends rl dollars gearing their chars? That's retarded
Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiggo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am i the only one who thinks it would be awesome if they just reset the server so everyone had to start at scratch again? It would fix the economy and would level the playing field out again, also give everyone something to do instead of complaining about velious release.
I don't. And let me be clear.. it'd be nice for most of the players and for me personally. It would allow low level zones to be re-explored, bugs previously undiscovered to be reported, and adds that initial rush feeling.

Resetting the server is a horrible idea, though. People do not play when they feel their time can be reset on a whim. Live servers don't do that and neither do we.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiggo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who spends rl dollars gearing their chars? That's retarded
It's apparently in style to joke about RMT.... anywhere and everywhere to exacerbate trolling.
Last edited by nilbog; 04-09-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resetting the server is a horrible idea, though. People do not play when they feel their time can be reset on a whim. Live servers don't do that and neither do we.
Nilbog has spoken. Let it be known.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's apparently in style to joke about RMT.... anywhere and everywhere to exacerbate trolling.
Maybe because RMT is everywhere and platlord seems invincible ?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

When Velious is over and everyone is bored, I sincerely hope they release a second server which will follow the same major changes and progression, but either at a live-like time pace or faster.

I would totally do this all again.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe because RMT is everywhere and platlord seems invincible ?
Yeah, you're helping by defining exacerbate..

Rants and Flames. Continue on I guess.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When Velious is over and everyone is bored, I sincerely hope they release a second server which will follow the same major changes and progression, but either at a live-like time pace or faster.

I would totally do this all again.
+1
Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Check out that server being talked about below this thread. Launches tomorrow. That might satisfy your reset boner.

Last year I would probable agree with you nilbog. But after going on vacation for most of feb 2012 and coming back to find my guild had vacated p99 and a significant quantity decided to cash out my opinion is that it's very prevalent. In a way it's a testament to your success in recreating a classic eq experience. Being a young millionaire I personally think rmting in a game is a rather tough way to make a living. A few big consolidators will make nice coin, but 99% of the folks are converting plat to cash at a horrible rate of return. the folks who quit and cash out might make a little mad money but anyone who plays eq to pay rent is working for less than peasants in 3rd world countries.
Closed Thread