Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default <TMO> Saviors of Norrath

I remember as a young lad, fresh from the Feerrott.....

I was raoming throught the Commonlands of Antonica when I encountered the strangest creeature, small and slim he was. I knew he was not the bastard Drow i was accustomed to seeing in my homeland, his skin was fair, but his sharp features were the same. I realized, from legend that he was one of the Drow's cousins, the folks of the trees. He wielded two blades crackling with energy, and also armor of such hues i had never seen in Oggok.

"Hail, Vadd, young Warlord," he said. Impressed by the courage he possessed just to speak to me, i returned his greating... "Hail, Internode. Why would one such as yourself be roaming these parts?" He replied to me that he was on a mission to purge an ancient temple of undead abominations, and ooooohhhhh how i despised the undead, and also see what types of ancient treasures had been locked away for millenia.

I decided, since I was in this new land, that maybe i could use this Elf to my advantage.... to learn the lands, customs of the various races, but most importantly... their weaknesses. I insisted that he would need the might possessed by a true Son of Rallos to aid him in this most "perilous task."

The elf nodded at me, and with swift grace and wonder, called upon familiar magics... directed at me. Just as i began to unsheath my mighty Dragon's Eye Blade, thinking i would easily slice him into two pieces and maybe even have a fine meal that night, i realized that he was endowing me with powers of great speed, elemental resistance, and physical protection.

With a salute, i thanked the odd creature.... Internode.... He motion to the northern dunes and so i followed him... followed him into an almost unnoticeable passage way. It was of marble and granite, thought the years had removed most of its glory...

I found myself lead into a place referred to as Befallen, apparently an ancient stronghold of some long lost Elven colony. Immediately I noticed, smelled mostly, an unpleasant creature heading our way.

"Begone from here," exclaimed the undead remains of a former Human of the Moltor clan. As Internode began to conjure fire with his hands, I drew my magical sword and began beatin back this vile creature. I could not let it devour my new companion, for then valuable information may be lost to my peoples. As the fight drew on, spikes and thorns sprouted form my armor, causing great damage to the foe that i was engaged with.

Before realized it, and much to my surprise, the small, but swift Elf was right along side of me slashing away at the abomination's remaining body, if that is what it could be called. Internode broke pace momentarily to call upon his healing powers to suture my wounds. When the vile beast was slain, I felt a great surge of energy flow through my body. It was the blessing of the Warlord entering and strengthening my body. My master was pleased with my accomplishment.

With a wink, the Elf motion toward some wooden doors toward the end of the chamber that we were in. As we scoured room after room, I found myself slaying many Drow Shadowknights, skeletons, and Necromancers of various races. I soon realized that my Elven friend was healing my wounds and empowering my combat skills as i fought. Who better to do the bashing than one of Oggok's finest young Bashers.

As we journeyed deeper into the forgotten complex, the unholy creatures became stronger, and even STRANGER, than the ones encountered before, but with the Elf's magics flowing across my body, myself and my venomous blade tore through foe after foe.

As we came to a level where there was water standiong on the floors, i assumed we had traveled as deep into the cured place as we were capable of. Internode, pursed his lips with one finger in front and motioned for me to see what was lying in wait around the corner.... a TROLL of GROBB! But this Troll didnt seem like my homeland neighbors, no, there was something different. I could tell by his skeletal minion that he was practiced in the arts of Necromancy to some degree, yet also he wore the armor and wielded the blade of a seasoned fighter.

With my Elven companion's nod, I was into the fray. The Shadowknight's pet was disposed of with one fell swoop of my blade, this allowed me to focus on the "Troll" chanting before me. I felt my body writhe in a grip of agony, but just as this happened, i felt Internode's warm, blue light wash over me, removing all thought of pain from my mind. The battle was long and fierce, Blade against Blade, all the while the Elf was conjuring flames around this maddened creature. He began to slow, thats when i drove my venemour blade home.... through the weak spot in the armor which was protecting his abdomen.

As the Troll fell, i felt a great burst of strength and courage flow thorugh my body, unlike anything i had ever experienced. I heard His voiced in my mind, a "gift" had been laid before me. There, on the ground, lied an ancient mace... It was one which appeared to have been crafted long ago for the mightiest Warriors of the Ykesha Clan. I took my Lord's gift in my freehand, and looked to my Elven companion to see what was going through his mind.

"The true power lies just ahead," he told me. "Let's not waste time, surprise is our best ally at this point. I will work on keeping our next foe's magicks at bay until you are able to break him with blade or mace."

As i rounded the corner, a voice entered my mind... "Foolish beast, do you think that YOU are capable of challenging a thaumaturgist as powerful as myself? Hahaha, come then, meet your doom."

As soon as I was able to lock my eyes onto this "powerful" foe, my body was bearing down on her with all of the berzerker fury that i could conjure. I could smell her stagnant life blood, I hungered for it. Slash, Slash, Crush, Slash, SLAM! As went forth, and forth, her body continued bending beneath the power of my God, she attempted to escape, but my Elven companion called upon the natural world to bind her feet into the ground.

A few well delivered blows to the upper torso and head, the "all powerful being" was crumbling lifeless to the ground! When the body stilled, I noticed a uniquely bright dirk hanging within her robes. As i picked the weapon up, to claim as spoils, i could feel the power ebbing in my hand. Once again i heard a laugh of satisfaction from my master, i felt the muscles all throughout my body bulges and tighten.

I looked to Internode and gave him a crisp salute, for I had not know Elves to be capable of such valuable battle prowess. He then mumbled something that i couldnt entirely make out, "such power..... so quickly.... how?"

I motioned for my companion, i considered him a true companion now, to begin moving out of the wretched place along side of me. I could feel the darkness of the ancient sanctuary fade away as we traveled back to the entrance.

When we made it back out into the grasslands, under the moonlight, I looked to Internode, my Brother in Arms, and told him how wonderful it would be had he been born into the powerful Ogres of Oggok. I outstretched my arm, as did he, and we clasped one another on the forearm, and embrace that, in my homeland, represents ones respect for another as a brave warrior.

Not many words were shared between us that day, as we were both uncertain of where these events would lead, or if it was even of any significant importance...
But before we departed separate ways, Internode looked to me and said "I saw your strength increase 15 fold in the wretched place, I am very curious as to where your future will bring you. I'll be watching....." He waved in my direction, chanting a spell under his breath, and as he began to fade out of my sights, i heard the words "Until next time, my brother...."

Little did he know, any time that the chance would arise, I would be keeping an eye on him also. I felt a camaraderie that I had never experienced before within the walls of Oggok or in the humid jungles of the Feerrott.

There was more to this, and I would not blow it off....

"Vadd (featuring Internode) levels 5-16 in Befallen"
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

tldr
Old 04-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tldr
shame, maybe you could learn about being a Ranger....
Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

You mean how to eat death touches?
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shame, maybe you could learn about being a Ranger....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean how to eat death touches?
Don't forget earning DKP by 'tracking'.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

ive eatin DT's..... Ogre Ranger! FTW!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
tldr

[Sun Mar 10 21:52:52 2013] Merkk's spell fizzles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan View Post
Merkk fizzles.
http://www.eccezan.com/
Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Banned

dave wildner rmts yall
Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OforOppression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dave wildner rmts yall
Dave Wildner? Is that "Doors?"

Get this tool off of my nonfiction thread.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

I read it all, A+