Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Falling Damage and In-Zone Rez

Fun little bug: If you have a corpse in the same zone you are in and you take a rez while falling, you will take falling damage. Further more when this falling damage killed me, my new corpse was located where I had been falling, instead of being where my old corpse was. This happened in plane of sky, but I imagine the results would be the same anywhere.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun little bug: If you have a corpse in the same zone you are in and you take a rez while falling, you will take falling damage. Further more when this falling damage killed me, my new corpse was located where I had been falling, instead of being where my old corpse was. This happened in plane of sky, but I imagine the results would be the same anywhere.
Im not sure where the bug is here? Sounds like its working as intended.

1. Took fall damage from a fall - Working
2. Died from the fall damage after the rez (Good timing but working)
3. Corpse is where you died, doesnt move on its own - working.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Large Bat

If I'm understanding correctly. What the problem is is that he was falling so his z axis is changing before he hit ground he accepted a rez. Now from what I remember when you take a rez it should change you z axis without causeing fall dmg even if you were falling. Plus the fact that it did cause the fall dmg he died and his corpse should have been where he landed (on top of his original corpse) not where he initially fell from.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeakn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm understanding correctly. What the problem is is that he was falling so his z axis is changing before he hit ground he accepted a rez. Now from what I remember when you take a rez it should change you z axis without causeing fall dmg even if you were falling. Plus the fact that it did cause the fall dmg he died and his corpse should have been where he landed (on top of his original corpse) not where he initially fell from.
I suppose it depends on how close he was to clicking and landing on the ground.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Falling damage is not classic here I can fall huge heights and take like 23 damage and no I don't have safe fall.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Well there are two ways to look at this 'bug'. Was it class? And can it be fixed?

Classic? no clue. I wouldn't be shocked if the damage part of it was classic.

What seems odd is that my new corpse wasn't at the old corpse. It seemed that my camera view changed when I accepted the rez, but that I technically stopped falling when and where I clicked the yes button, not when I actually touched land.

And yes, falling damage on this server 100% depends on your frame rate.