Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Aviak

Default Bard Power leveling? How it works

Hi guys, I have only ever soloed or grouped my bard. I know that you could potentially power level someone with a bard, swarm kiting, with a FD class is something I've seen before. The question I have is how do you power level someone who doesn't FD, and are they in your group or out of your group and get exp from an aoe spell?

I don't really like power leveling because it takes away from the game, but if i can help a friend get a few levels or to get out of hell levels then I would like to know how to help them.

Thank you..

Cords
Old 07-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Aviak

best bard PLing i've experienced personally was in crushbone- a 58 bard (i think) would run in to the castle, up to the throne room, and pull every orc down to the wall, where my group was stationed. he continued to play his slow/snare song, which causes huuuuuge aggro. we would just wail on the mobs while they continued to attack him, and since he wasn't damaging them we got all the xp. I was just spamming chords of dissonance and seeing mass amounts of DoT messages flood the chat box- never got aggro once. I also saw the bard sitting every now and then to regain aggro if he was ever worried that he was losing it.

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Aviak

That is cool. I think that is the best route to go. I don't want to do a pay kind of thing for power leveling, unless someone just straight up asks me. I have friends who I group with, and I like to keep them caught up to me. Though in that instance, I can just swarm kite Plvl, since they are in my level range.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

and twist dmg shield
Old 07-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Aviak

aye damage shield helps speed things up tremendously i'm sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and there are plenty of Pleveling services available for pay, what made this bard awesome was that he just did it for fun while waiting for a group. found a bunch of level 10 or so untwinked toons and made their night. i hope to be able to do the same for other lowbies some day

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Aviak

That is awesome. Its always cool to help out the lowbies. In live I used to farm pelts, and then go make armor for lowbies. Also gave plat to those who had pelts and wanted something made. Gold ole days.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Orc

Winrin I think was his name. I ran into this guy earlier today. Really nice guy
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aabdel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best bard PLing i've experienced personally was in crushbone- a 58 bard (i think) would run in to the castle, up to the throne room, and pull every orc down to the wall, where my group was stationed. he continued to play his slow/snare song, which causes huuuuuge aggro. we would just wail on the mobs while they continued to attack him, and since he wasn't damaging them we got all the xp. I was just spamming chords of dissonance and seeing mass amounts of DoT messages flood the chat box- never got aggro once. I also saw the bard sitting every now and then to regain aggro if he was ever worried that he was losing it.
I like to do this with my bard, especially when I'm drunk and bored in EC. Pull massive trains to orc 1 and let the lowbies chip away. Word of warning to other bards wanting to try this: make sure the group has sufficient melees in it. I've tried this before for a group of casters and it took foreeeeeever for them to finish off the mobs.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goseals6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winrin I think was his name. I ran into this guy earlier today. Really nice guy
Winidin was his name, and he has always been very pleasant whether he was PLing me or just answering my questions. Also made me a full set of banded for free, asking only that I pass on the pieces I didn't need when the time came

Aabdel - Wood Elf Rogue
Abdell - Half Elf Ranger
Meladei - Half Elf Bard
<Storm Watch>
Closed Thread