Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 AM
Kobold

Default RMT and the responsibility.

Ive been on this server for quite a while... The people I've met have for the most part come and gone quite often and rarely do I see anyone stay but the population seems to stay the same...

I just now saw someone that I remember linking a certain website in the discussion of guild chat that is now stripped of all droppable gear and there is no mention of his account being sold on the forums.

I goto the website and lo and fucking behold, sold for RMT.

Upon further investigation theres still a shitload of RMT going on, on this server and I came to the conclusion that if the people on this server want RMT punished...

We need to take matters into our own hands. Over 1,000 people play p99 and we're all expecting 1 person(ephi) to handle it all?

Impossible.

The only way I see RMT being removed from this server is if its impossible for players to find legit buyers that wont just chargeback after ratting their shit to the admins.

This person in particular wants things done exclusively with western union, which would make busting his ass this way impossible, someone would end up having to take a loss. 500k plat is not chump change and for someone to have been selling a shitload of plat like this for MONTHS? Simply fucking amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Project 1999 Platinum (500k) for sale

I have 500k PP for sale on project 1999 blue server.

rates

20k min purchase. Better rates per higher quantity.

all pm's get auto-linked to my email and will respond instantly...thank you!

all payments on paypal/western union and will speak to you via phone/skype before purchases if requested.

*PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT ITEMS, I ONLY HAVE PLATINUM**

------------- EDIT 6/5/13 IMPORTANT UPDATE --------------------

As of today, I have updated requirements for transactions moving forward due to the recent swing of scammers and scamming attempts.

All orders > 50K must be paid by Western Union ONLY. I live 2 minutes from a WU office, so once I get cash in hand, I will transfer plat (the total process time from me receiving cash and you receiving platinum will be 10 minutes). No special requests to receive a portion of platinum before payment is fully received are to be asked. If you don't think I'm a trusted seller by all the feedback in the past 6+ months, then don't bother PMing me about platinum. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Kobold

Let me expand on this too...

How does one routinely get 500k plat every couple weeks on p99?

You sure as fuck aren't sitting in ec tunnel reselling things.

You get it by selling epic MQs and high end droppable raid gear (AoN's for example)

You cant just farm this shit in supremacy. You have to have friends and be relatively well geared, dare I say... raid geared.

To expand on that thought, not just any guild has the opportunity to even attempt said raids, except TMO/IB/FE.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Fire Giant

I'm telling you, the way to break this is to involve the IRS. Get all the information you can and send an email. They're going to be pretty interested in $1000's passing under the tax radar over several years, and they have the power to get the details.
Last edited by t0lkien; 07-15-2013 at 05:32 AM..
Old 07-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Sarnak

your retarded if you dont believe that people who sit in EC can make 100-200k a WEEK just flipping shit when thats all they do, without even breaking a sweat. then take someone who is sweating and has the backing of said other possibilities, high end raid farming etc

believe.it.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Kobold

Why is RMT bad for the server, sirken?

On another emulated server I played on prior to coming back to P99 it was strictly banned and CONSTANTLY monitored by observing the daily amount of gold acquired and who had the most gold.

RMT is bad in ways that most dont even understand. Most think its just not right for people to get things so easily without working for them. A moral standpoint.

The real evil of RMT is in acquiring the currency to even begin to sell.

When a person decides they want to sell items for real money, the entire perspective of the game changes. It isn't about dropping a raid boss for the first time, or hitting that next level or even seeing the world. It is simply, where can I go to make the most money for the least amount of effort/time.

24/7 farming for no reason other than to make $$$.

Some say, it doesn't hurt the economy, it isnt CREATING any influx of currency and doesn't affect anyone but that is where you're wrong.

Why are all these people constantly farming epic quest drops? Why is it, in the years that I have played p99 have I never seen a naggy/vox pick up raid? Why is it that acquiring a bard/war epic is a pipe-dream? Is it RMT? Or do these guilds that are completely decked out in BIS gear really need more plat? Perhaps the price of peridots is just an unimaginable drain on guild banks that they simply go through hundreds of thousands in a single plane of fear raid.

P99 has been around a long fucking time and with practically no currency sinks it has stagnated to retarded proportions of platinum in the market.

Without taking the RMT situation seriously and making it a constant priority the damage will be(if not already) impossible for new players to even compete without succumbing to RMT themselves. The end-game will forever be a ghost town.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

your too late [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your retarded if you dont believe that people who sit in EC can make 100-200k a WEEK just flipping shit when thats all they do, without even breaking a sweat. then take someone who is sweating and has the backing of said other possibilities, high end raid farming etc

believe.it.
I am an EC flipper and I am damn fucking good at it but to the tune of 500k every other week? While still holding on to the necessary wealth to continue flipping? Nah

What I have seen tho, is random lvl 1's with an Amulet of Necropotence for sale for cooincidently 500k.

EDIT: It has also in the past few months become nearly impossible to make the kind of plat reselling that you once could because of how MANY resellers there are now. At most you had maybe 3-4 people daily as obvious tradesmen. Now theres literally 15-20 people there, every day buying shit asap and overcharging on everything. The days of making more than 100k a week are gone...at least for now.
Last edited by Rhuma7; 07-15-2013 at 06:10 AM..
Old 07-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

some people dont have a life, and thus are living it in EQ

ogod....
Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

gd it harrison reposting that shit lol stopit
Old 07-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Sarnak

bro, dont be posting our private messages mkay? lol like you cant put anyones name on the top of that

but thanks for the vote of confidence