Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Default WTF is up with root and snare

I have yet to land a root or snare on anyone, even players 8 lvl's lower with crap gear, EVEN PLAYER'S WHO ARE NAKED ON CR!

Just spammed 3 atol's on a naked guy and every one was resisted, atol's is supposed to have -10 mod on it so that means a guy with 15 mr resisted 3 spells back to back.

I'm sorry but that is broken as fuck!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Root and snare won't land on anyone with mr gear + buff in my experience, and almost never lands on someone dispelled of mr buffs. Should be able to get them naked, though I've never really tried.

Red99
Old 08-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno but my earth pet laughs at your plight
I know earth pets land but never seen a root be resisted by someone naked on live, not EVER!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Basically there is a 5% chance for root/snare to land regardless of resist.

Which is way too high. Should be 1.5% if we are talking classic.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya it happens bro people have MR while naked u know. See warriors and dwarves
WHAT? I'm not talking about warriors and I don't think I've ever even seen a dwarf to kill, now your just trolling
Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically there is a 5% chance for root/snare to land regardless of resist.

Which is way too high. Should be 1.5% if we are talking classic.
but literally casted 3 atol's on a butt naked guy and spammed root on another butt naked guy yesterday all were resisted even with 5% one should have landed how the fuck can someone have a 95% chance and resist 3 in a row I garuntee something is bugged.

It feels like I'm rolling against my own mr and not there's.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have yet to land a root or snare on anyone, even players 8 lvl's lower with crap gear, EVEN PLAYER'S WHO ARE NAKED ON CR!

Just spammed 3 atol's on a naked guy and every one was resisted, atol's is supposed to have -10 mod on it so that means a guy with 15 mr resisted 3 spells back to back.

I'm sorry but that is broken as fuck!
I remember when you were playing your bard you were whining about how resists needed to be fixed because you didn't like getting rooted/snared. Silly guy.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Banned

Obviously this scrub didn't play on live - no one casted roots or snares on live, unless tash'd and malo'd - and it really dumbs down pvp and allows people with less gear to have no shot of pvp or surviving and turns them off from the entire server. Those spells didn't land and for good reason.

If it's still the same system, until you get 120+ you still have a really good chance of being rooted/snared.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Banned

My pal resisted a conflag from me, at even con, naked during the Kunark era. He had no resist fire etc on him. Further, spells got full resists more than you think without any buffs/debuffs on mobs.

Deal with it.

I was rooted on first/second casts MANY times here at 160MR.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously this scrub didn't play on live - no one casted roots or snares on live, unless tash'd and malo'd - and it really dumbs down pvp and allows people with less gear to have no shot of pvp or surviving and turns them off from the entire server. Those spells didn't land and for good reason.

If it's still the same system, until you get 120+ you still have a really good chance of being rooted/snared.
The spells didn't land because EQ devs didn't care at all about pvp. They put spells into the game with pve in mind, and however they worked in pvp is just how they were going to work.

A custom system could improve on the original dev's "meh" approach.

Red99
Closed Thread