Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default before you start on red

Intro
My fried who used to play on red99 told me about this server so I decided I will give it a try, because we had a great fun back then and it is still the best gaming experience I ever had and Im pretty sure it always will be. I have some vivid memories that will never fade away. We only got to lvl35 before I had to quit, so I thought hey, it would be cool to lvl to 60 this time and see the content. He has 31lvl shaman on red so I started there, made shaman named Hiero and picked up 400pp and some basic noob armor from my friends account (did not wanna play his shm because I would skip the low lvls).

Story
So here I am, lvling in FoB just having a blast. I get to lvl 10 pretty fast so I /ooc introduce myslef and ask if any anyone has a cheap poison wind censer for sale which is what my friend told me to look for. I get tell from Tune..."I can help you out". I told him i only have 320p (paid 80p for spells) so I can understand if he wont sell. He said its cool, told me to come to FP. Neefin was kind enough to offer port. He tells me he needs to relog to other toon and to look for him in /ooc when I get there. I /ooc Tune you there? when I get to EC tunnel. I get tell from Nask telling me to meet his other alt infront of FP gates. Nasktwo naked lvl 1 elf runs to me so i offer 320p and he clicks trade. Im thinking wtf, he is not pulling the old trick on me now, is he? He goes, "hurry before I get aggro". I asked where the weapon is, he answers he will deliver it....

Cut to rl
I should have loged 10min ago because Im runing late to a hockey game where I play defense in local amateur league, but the idea of getting the weapon made me stay and run for it, but the time is flowing fast and now Im sitting here, ready to /q out as soon as the trade is done and run to my car.

...so Im standing there and I dont know what to do. I have no time to think and finally I decide to risk it because Im thinking this is a guy who is veteran on the server, he is not gonna scam a newb out of 320p. Why would anyone do this on 2013emu server? Even if its pvp, its still only 2013emu. I could not imagine he would actually do it, because 320p is nothing for him. So I clicked trade. The rest is not important. Its the old "who are you?", "what do you want", "I dont know you" and my favourite "stop harrasing me" answers. /ooc was very amused and mostly celebrating Tune's heroic act, some were suprised, he would actually take the time to relog for such a low amout of money. I got 1 tell from dude who was saying he is sorry about it so thanks to him for being cool...

Conclusion
Dont play on red. It is a waste of time and a cesspool. You will not have fun in an environment controled by retarded toxic players who had no chance to grow up irl so they compensate here. When veteran player known by whole server does this, because he knows reputation does not matter on this server, you know its a place for special people. Call me naive or stupid, but I judged the situation from my point of view. Would I scam a newb out of all he has even when its nothing to me? Never. I knew about the risk, I took it and I paid. I can live with that. He did it just for the fun of screwing me.... thats pretty low, dude. You have to be one sad soul irl if that is what you are doing here and I have to say I feel more sorry for you than the stolen plat. You keep it, I wont need it anymore.

P99Red: -1player

P.S. you guys dont forget to post your annual "come play on red, its a lot of fun" threads. They are really really cool! All they really want is more people they could scam.

P.P.S. sorry for the wall of text
Last edited by Hiero; 11-23-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 AM
Sarnak

The most popular / well known players on Red99 are the ones who you have to look out for. No named "scrubs" tend to be the nicer members of the server.

I would recommend waiting until the Teams server is released and playing there. That's what I am doing.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

guy sends me a tell

i warn him i will be cycling through characters , and to plz ask for me in ooc or ask some1 if i am not on

/facepalm
Old 11-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guy sends me a tell

i warn him i will be cycling through characters , and to plz ask for me in ooc or ask some1 if i am not on

/facepalm
You are a human waste low life and you know it. Red has no population thanks to people like yourself.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Banned

rating this thread 1 star til theres a screenshot in it
dont make me regret reading this!!

p.s. at least you used paragraphs
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

Damn and I thought everyone already knew to avoid that shitty waste of a server. Imo any current R99 players should not be allowed to play on teams server. They bitched and moaned to get r99 then turned it into the worst eq server ever, and now they get a new server to wreck?

I don't get it, why is anyone wasting their time and effort on turd burglers like red99 kids?

/facepalm
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mouth chew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rating this thread 1 star til theres a screenshot in it
dont make me regret reading this!!

p.s. at least you used paragraphs
my screenshots dont get saved in ss folder for some reason so the way I did it is I took print screen and save it in another software as jpg. As I was in rush I accidentaly clicked wrong button on 2nd SS so I saved 2 same screnshots without noticing :/ I dont have the second part where he acts all suprised and asks who I am and what do I want. :/ does not really matter though, all I wanted to do is warn others to avoid that server.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://hierowudan.rajce.idnes.cz/EQ#ss1.jpg
Last edited by Hiero; 11-23-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Old 11-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Planar Protector

Don't ever underestimate the greed and pixel lust on red.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Lame, this isn't the experience of the vast majority. Shoulda hit me up man, I cheerlead the shit outta red and wouldn't burn ya for 300p lol

Red is fuckin boomin right now, I've been there for 2 years, shit is peaking.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Large Bat

Anyone not playing on red atm, this isnt the whole community. Yes, there are some turds on this server, but you get the same on blue. They just dont have the same amount of ways to be dick heads.
I have been enjoying my time on red, only lvl 34 but have had fun with the people I have encountered so far. At times its hard, but just ignore the ooc/whining.
I dont have anything against people on blue, I just cant do it anymore. Many issues are solved with pvp.

Scamming is just redic at this point, if you need to steal from people on a game like eq, pretty sad.