Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default best canni dance macro

I dont think mine is set up right.

Can folk post what they use, so I can find more effieicnt one. This probably stickied in loads places, but ive failed to spot one.

Might be worth discussing anyway? or am i just being dumb on this one?

it possible to cast canni twice before sitting down?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

I do the dance manually, but I hate fizzles so i /cast on like 4 lines in a row.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do the dance manually, but I hate fizzles so i /cast on like 4 lines in a row.
This.

Canni dance macro looks great on paper but in reality it's pretty useless due to fizzles.

It is better to just manually cast and sit.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I have the macro, and like others have said the fizzles make it trivial heh. I just made a button to cast canni right next to my sit key, much more efficient.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

I use my canni macro pretty often. Yeah when you fizzle then you just manually cast canni immediately after the fizzle and manually sit down before next med tick, so it's not always full-proof. But honestly it takes minimal effort to correct a fizzle(and not miss out on a thing), so I don't know why that would invalidate the use of a macro that saves you a bunch of keypresses. Sure, there are plenty of times when I canni dance manually, but I like how the macro guarantees I'll hit all my med ticks for 2 canni casts and don't have to pay attention to anything except 'starting the macro right after a med tick'. Sure, sometimes after starting the macro, you might need to cast something else so you have to be ready to manually cast your spells(as you can't use another macro to cast a spell) but I don't think that's a big deal and most of us are already pretty used to that (to avoid spamming group chat due to fizzles/mistargets etc).

This assumes canni is in your first spell slot:

/pause 15, /cast 1
/pause 42, /sit
/pause 15, /cast1
/sit

And to answer your question about canni'ing twice before sitting, no it is not possible.
Last edited by skipdog; 12-19-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 12-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

`answer your question about canni'ing twice before sitting, no it is not possible.`

you mean...its not worth casting twice as you would miss a med tick?

hmm at lvl 50 is a med tick going to give more than 30 mana? However i suppose thehp regen is worth it....(to sit)

thanks for postingtho, gives me some grist for my cogitation mill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Orc

It is certainly possible to Canni twice before a tick, you just gotta do your Canni's the moment you get a tick and then sit immediately. A bit too tight for general use though.

You should almost always be sitting in time for a mana tick or it's hardly even worth standing to canni as otherwise you loose out on a lot of efficiency. I think it's like 20 mana back when sitting at 50-ish? The macro listed above is almost what i run, slightly different timings so if i fizzle i can hit my canni gem and i'll still auto sit in time. You'll need to hit it asap after a tick regardless of differences in /pause times.

The one time i will spam canni standing is if i have a bard in group and i need all the mana i can say if i'm slowing on a raid for example. But if you have a canni spam macro then you can still sit in between canni's as the recast time on spells doesn't effect sitting, this is how you can canni twice and be sitting in time between ticks.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

My skill is 240 at 53 iirc. Wiki says it goes up to 252 for casters and priests, and it's 1 mana per tick per 12 med skill. So 19-21 mana in the 50-60 range. Standing, you only get 1 mana. Also consider the hp regen tick:

51-55 barb/ogre: 5 sitting 2 standing
51-55 iksar/troll: 12 sitting 6 standing

56-59 barb/ogre: 6 sitting 3 standing
56-59 iksar/troll: 16 sitting 10 standing

60 barb/ogre: 7 sitting 4 standing
60 iksar/troll: 18 sitting 12 standing

Standing through a tick costs ~18-20 mana and 3 hp for barb/ogre and 6 hp for iksar/troll.

It's really depressing how many ticks I miss in exp groups when I've got too many things going on. Slowing + healing really gimps my mana/hp income.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrinsic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is certainly possible to Canni twice before a tick
Wow. I had never looked at the cast time and recast before since I gave up on my sham before it got serious. But yeah, wow. Never would have guessed you could actually pull it off if you're quick and not lagging.

Well, if you are using canni 1, 2, or 3 it would work, theoretically.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Apparently my 100ms is too much lag to canni twice between a med tick then. I have tried quite a few times and have never pulled it off.
Closed Thread