Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Default Camping

Guilds have been camping out a zone away from raid mobs - camping in Everfrost for Vox, the globe in TT for Trak, and so on.

Today we have seen multiple guilds camping in Timorous Deep for Faydedar. We were under the impression that we should be camping on the oasis docks.

Can we get a final ruling on this? Can we camp at the entrance of a zone or do we have to be a zone away?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Aviak

I understood that a final was already made? No more then two people in zone otherwise you forfeit the mob?

If you have people clearing fear they can't take CT or Draco or they get suspended or banned.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

lemme talk to some staff and ill get an answer for u guys on the TD/Fay thing

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Can you also make a ruling on having exp groups during a mob's window?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesseca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understood that a final was already made? No more then two people in zone otherwise you forfeit the mob?

If you have people clearing fear they can't take CT or Draco or they get suspended or banned.
This is a separate issue. I'm asking if we are allowed to camp out toons and leave them logged out in zone.

Of course it doesn't matter too much if everybody's just going to sit a pet on the spawn point for 16 hours.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

I am a bit concerned with TMO camping out 6+ pullers at the door to PD and camping multiple people in the pool room (SW spawn point). While PD and SW are in window. VP is just like every other zone in regards to raid rules. Max 2 people in the vicinity of a raid mob. The rest of them should be at zone in or outside.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Let me make a suggestion.

No more variance: every mob has a 1/n time to spawn every tick starting 4 hours after it was killed. In return, every mob's spawn will be broadcast to the server. No tracking, no poopsocking.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

I have been submitting questions around caping out in the zone with the raid mob via petitions in the forum and have received no answers. It would be nice if at least guild leaders could get improved communications lines with the staff to avoid all of these issues.. Here are the camp out locations I asked about:

Potential camp spots IN the zone:
Severilous: In Emerald Jungle at the TT zone line
Faydedar: In Timerous Deep on Ogre Island (from raft zone-in)
Talendor: In Skyfire at the ramp to Overthere
Venril Sathir: Inside KC at the zone line
Trakanon: Inside Seb at the zone in
Innoruuk: Inside Plane of Hate at zone in room
Cazic Thule & Dracoliche: Inside Plane of Hate at West Wall

We in Taken were still camping our raid force outside of the zones in question. We also have been adhering to the 2 members in the target zone maximum during the window. Having observed numerous other guilds camping out IN the zone is frustrating. We took the wait and see approach on Tuesday. If no guilds are contacted by staff about this and/or disciplined, we will follow suit going forward and start camping out in zone. Personally, I dislike this notion as it kind of encroaches on poop-socking and goes against the spirit of competition for mobilization.

On a related note, my opinion on being in a zone when a raid boss pops(during simulated re-pops) is that members must zone out and then zone in before being involved in the engage. Simulated repops can happen any time so the very least that a guild should be doing is leaving and then re-entering (unless this is specifically identified as being against the rules by the staff). This I think is in line with the spirit of no poop socking.
-----------------------
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
We in Taken were still camping our raid force outside of the zones in question. We also have been adhering to the 2 members in the target zone maximum during the window.
Azure Guard has been doing this as well.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

The other option would be for all raid guilds to agree to not camp out in zones with a target pop imminent. I would think that the staff would prefer to see us handle this ourselves rather than have to weigh in on it with rules.

Can we all agree to not camp out in the zone when you intend to go for a target? I think camping out at an adjacent zone is acceptable.
Also, can we all agree to require members present in a zone (actively playing or camped there), when a raid mob pops, to zone out before being involved in an engage?

I think that if we follow these requirements, we are adhering to both the spirit and letter of the no poop sock rules.
-----------------------
Closed Thread