Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Interesting way to level from 1-7ish

I was looking through the EQ castersrealm web archive for enchanter tips when I came across this post:

http://web.archive.org/web/200204300...EW.ASP?ID=3705

TL;DR it just says to get a port to Ak'Anon and kill stuff there while stocking up on bone chips from gnome skeles. Then run to Kaladim while /auctioning to buy as many as possible before turning them in.

Does anyone else think this is worth it? Do gnome skeles drop bone chips more often, or are there just more of them than in GFay? So far my level ~2.5 HE enchanter has just been killing everything outside of Felwithe and turning in bat wings to the mage guild chick, it gives barely any xp, probably a lot less than the bone chips one.

If it does look like the best leveling path... any druids willing to port me there? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I got a few gold I can tip with!
Last edited by renegadeofunk; 08-05-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

By far, the BEST XP at low levels would be the Gnoll Fang quest in Qeynos / Halas. Killing Blackburrow Gnolls who drop the occasional fang gets you XP plus it's fun. The REAL XP shows up when you turn these fangs in. I leveled up twice during one turn in. It's a pain to get over to the Qeynos area for you but well worth it.
-----------------------
Old 08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Bleh, get some buffs, rush to befallen, if you have a decent thorns, and a chloro you'll fly through 1-6
Old 08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bleh, get some buffs, rush to befallen, if you have a decent thorns, and a chloro you'll fly through 1-6
Yup, just go to WC, wait a ring, get lvl 50 druid buffs, ding lvl 10 before buffs wear off probably.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

make sure you hit everything for at least 1 dmg though, i dont reccomend just pulling whole rooms since you wont get hits on a lot of them and hence wasted exp
Old 08-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Large Bat

Can anyone confirm if this quest is working, and if the xp is decent? If so, what level range and/or % xp per turn in at a specific level would be great. I guess I'm just too much of a slacker at heart, and want to explore all my laziness options. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeofunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do gnome skeles drop bone chips more often,
Having killed tons of skeles on my Gnome Necromancer; I would say that from my experience, that all kinds of decaying skeletons drop bone chips at about the same frequency.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Crushbone belts is the best. 1-6 in 5 minutes... zing!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone confirm if this quest is working, and if the xp is decent? If so, what level range and/or % xp per turn in at a specific level would be great. I guess I'm just too much of a slacker at heart, and want to explore all my laziness options. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The xp is there, it's not that fast. You'll fly through 1-3 and the tedium will set in as you click-click-click for rapidly slowing xp.

{Exp by level before modifiers}
Code:
Level.........Exp to reach
  1. ................0
  2. ................1000
  3. ................8000
  4. ................27000
  5. ................64000
  6. ................125000
  7. ................216000
  8. ................343000
Also you'll find yourself getting whipped by anything that can give you xp if you use that solely to level to 7 or 8 - you won't be able to hit anything because your offense/weapon skill are shit, and you'll get smacked down with no mitigation or avoidance because your defense skill is shit. Caster? Defense comment still applies, and the amount of time you'll spend casting your skills up negates any real benefit to the option I present you with below.

Best option? Get a port to BB, bind in Kaladim, hunt solely boners and hand in the chips as you go. This will also yield you a set of small(I think) tattered as quest rewards to fill out your empty slots. Other stuff will aggro, but you can just pick off the skeletons and train the rest to the guards.
Last edited by mmiles8; 08-05-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 08-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Skeleton

As a new character, yes it is one of the fastest. The skeletons in front of Kaladim work just as well as there are many of them and have large agro radius so you dont have to always run to them. A few stacks will bring you to level 5 (assuming you kill enough to get to 3) then being able to KILL gnolls in order to get the fangs is possible (gnoll pups dont drop them). The warrior guildmaster in Qeynos or one of the Halas warrior guildmasters (female barbarian) will both reward you for the fangs. The Halas will give you 5 gold per fang plus an item worth a few silver to a few gold depending on the item to sell. The Qeynos guildmaster gives you a moonstone which you can sell, or give to a bartender by the harbor for a stout which you can drink or sell for 6 silver (more than the moonstone is worth plus additional, yet marginal, experience).
Closed Thread