Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-07-2014, 02:46 AM
Orc

Default Getting problems with range when casting Lightning Strike

I'm getting what feels like spurious "Your target is out of range, get closer!" errors when trying to use Lightning Strike.

I'm (attempting to) kite yetis in DL and I'll grab some, snare and bunch them up and cast and about 80% of the time I'll get "Your target is out of range, get closer!" - sometimes, even when they are on top of me.

I've tested that I'm not just targeting the wrong mob - I can still start a snare or single target nuke, but nope - not in range for Lightning Strike.

The nuke I'm using to test range is Firestrike, which says it has the same range (200) as Lightning Strike.

So this is something unique to trying to quad kite? That lag, or having multiple mobs near me is causing some kind of lag or delay?

Would love any ideas! Thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 AM
Kobold

Ive found when quadding the range is dramatically reduced if you are levitating above them. Not sure if this is the case with singles as well. Also, you will find that mobs when grouped together do not try to run away at low hps.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:33 AM
Orc

I'm not levitating, just running around.

Its funny too - if I target one of the yetis, I'm not in range, but if I target the yeti right next to him, yep - I can cast.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:35 AM
Kobold

Well you're in DL. Are you above them in any fashion? Even standing on a hill can screw everything up
Old 03-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Orc

I'm bound to be occasionally on a hill - it is the snowy bit of DL, aye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe I'll go try in a flat bit of the OT.