Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned

Default Level 4 too early for Orc Hill at Greater Faydark?

Enemies are still blue outside Freeport, but the amount of experience is so tiny that it would take me hours of non-stop grinding to reach 5. Is this normal, for it to take so long to push through the newbie levels?

Is 4 high enough to start grouping at Orc Hill in GFay? I can't stand grinding out another level here. =(
Old 04-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yes people are usually at orc hill by level 4, you even see some hopeful level 3's looking for a group.... noobs.

Don't forget to bind!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Skeleton

I had the same problem! What I did is I asked for buffs at the EC tunnels and killed some yellow con puma's and bears large spiders and skeletons in the EC.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

at level 3 and 4 you should only be killing deathfist pawns and beetles rest of yard trash give to little xp. their are more of these mobs in east freeport yard than west and you get a chance at orc scalps from the deathfist centurion level 5 i believe. thier is also wolf level 5 also in this newby yard.

You would do well in greaterfay dark at level 4 plus you have a nice level 5 to 20 zone in lesser fay dark.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 04-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Hah if level 4 feels slow you in trouble. There's so many nearby zones with stuff to kill to keep it interesting without a long boat ride or begging for a port. EFP, NoRo newbie area, pop over to Nek forest and kill shadow wolves, etc.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah if level 4 feels slow you in trouble. There's so many nearby zones with stuff to kill to keep it interesting without a long boat ride or begging for a port. EFP, NoRo newbie area, pop over to Nek forest and kill shadow wolves, etc.
I'm used to leveling speeds in games like Diablo 2, Dark Souls, etc, not having to pour hours of grinding at such a low level just to gain ONE.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm used to leveling speeds in games like Diablo 2, Dark Souls, etc, not having to pour hours of grinding at such a low level just to gain ONE.
You're in for a disappointment.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Eq ain't the game for this guy

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're in for a disappointment.
I dunno man. My warrior hit 60 in just over a week. I grinded for years on d2, I think I got to 95 on one ladder like once, lol.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

you took a wrong turn somewhere along the way op