Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Default Magician epic pet question

I had a mage back when I played in Kunark and always wanted the pet but didn't get far. I'm thinking of rolling one here to start the quest anew but I wanted to ask a few questions of anyone who has it.

What is its true dps like? When fighting boss-level mobs (dragons etc) do his swings and procs miss a lot? How do epic mages stack up against other dps in Kunark or even Velious?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Banned

Epic mage here.

A mage will pretty much never top DPS in kunark or velious and a pet is usually more of a burden then a boon.

Mages are a utility class on this server casting coth and summoning some usefull items.

Outside of raiding its a beast.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Well. This is true. But, at least in Velious you get fear immunity for the pet lol. Of course it will never out dps a rogue, monk, or even a ranger but the epic pet is decent dps on a dragon that's not Gore.

I think the main problem is that Mage's nukes are on average really resistable. I got lucky one time when Gorenaire got debuffed to fk and my Char landed quite frequently, but I do find that I get a ton of resists on even the most debuffed raid mobs. I never cast Shock of Swords (or whatever that 57/58 nuke is) since most bosses are more MR heavy. Maybe I am unlucky?

But, soloing and duoing mobs/camps is pretty EPIC!
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

In this era on P99 and velious to come, mages are gimped badly. COTH bitches, major resists.
Even with the epic pet.

Copy to beta, and use the Gnomes at the dock to power up via the commands and go try it out. You will see.
I stress. go try it out.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I would NOT recommend ANYONE on this server to even start one. I have a high level one and the only reason I have it is because in the beginning of this sever IF you were smart enough to make one they were OVER the top.

They have had the crap NERFED out of them on here. On live they are about as bad ass as you can be. But on here they are CRAP. I would suggest you make a Paladin over a Mage, and if you have followed my over my 2000 posts you will see I HATE Paladins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't know what to say, other than don't make one on here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by webrunner5; 06-02-2014 at 11:31 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic mage here.

A mage will pretty much never top DPS in kunark or velious and a pet is usually more of a burden then a boon.

Mages are a utility class on this server casting coth and summoning some usefull items.

Outside of raiding its a beast.
Good post, I like to give epic pet more credit though than it gets dps wise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2014, 04:23 AM
Fire Giant

Mages are alts and COTH bots on p99 end-game, epic or not. Pets are too much of a burden here, it's about as simple as that.

Couple more expansions until Mages get to shine, but not on P99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

So many mages though in P99's early days, wru all?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many mages though in P99's early days, wru all?
Afk leveling somewhere

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 06-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

blue99 3rd/red99 2nd mage epic here and master of the elements.

you will have the most fun soloing/duoing/trioing money camps with your epic pet, at least that's where I got the most value from it. You can duo mostly anything on this server with a bp cleric or a torpor shaman pal. you can safely duo crypt with almost any healer type class and used to be able to duo fungi king prior to invis nerf; hell you still can if you can get a solo pull.

regarding raids, i feel like my pet is more of a nuisance than anything. only because you have to constantly be aware of pet aggro and need to have good pet control. if you're lazy or caught sleeping for a minute, enchanter's will get pretty annoyed with you.

regarding killing dragons, that is the only dps you're going to give. they'll hit and i've seen parses and have seen my pet plenty of times make the top 10 dmg output if there aren't a lot of rogues/monks.

if you enjoy farming, mage with epic is best option out there hands down.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Closed Thread