Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Default Starting faction question

I doubt anyone going to actually remember but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

Does anyone remember when starting factions for the races/classes might have changed in any major way during live? Cause I used to have a Erudite necro on live and Neriak while they didn't welcome me with a party there was no where I couldn't really go especially the necro guild(sure I had to use invis to undead to get past the ghouls) but I was at least was allowed to buy spells there I'm certain and yet I con threateningly on P99.

Although I will admit I did make the necro not much after they introduced the "ally" con to the whole world not just Velious but I wouldn't think that would affect starting faction.
I just find it weird that every guild BUT the necro cons at least Dub to my necro(even the cleric guild) and yet the necros themselves don't like me.

Not to mention its really funny consider on Live atm a Erudite necro on Live atm cons Indiff and I didn't think they changed faction stuff THAT much
Last edited by Catashe; 06-22-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

If I remember right the Necro guild's faction has something to do with what deity you worship.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

The necromancer guild in Neriak is on The Dead faction.

I found this out the hard way when I raised Neriak faction super high on my iksar--got blasted by some caster who bugged out through a wall.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itching [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I remember right the Necro guild's faction has something to do with what deity you worship.
Yea all factions judge you based on your class, race, and deity. I just could have sworn that a starting Erudite Necros faction to The Dead was higher then threateningly is all and I just don't remember any major changes to faction standings that would have changed that.

Neutral races don't usually have a negative faction modifier or at least a smaller one compared to the goodie races and being a necromancer that should at least be a no modifier or a positive one to the necros and while my god is Cazic Thule instead of Innoruuk he is still a evil god so the negative mod shouldn't be so great to push you into KOS range.

That why I ask if anyone remember cause like I said it doesn't seem right to me. I almost positive I was KOS during live and a erudite necro on live atm is actually indiff(yes I know its not in classic era but honestly how much could it have changed?) Not to mention is seems weird that I'm dub too ALL of Neriak except the Necro guild.. Even the clerics, who seem to have a harder time accepting people then the rest and yet they put up with me(and I'm even high enough Dub to get the letter in Freeport to raise that faction from Dub to Amiable)

And lets not even mention that it seems weird that only DE necros can use the X'ta sisters(research pet words quests), sure no one actually does the quests but it was always a option for necros
Last edited by Catashe; 06-23-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Closed Thread