Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Default bertoxx gnome cleric

i've not come up with much browsing the forum, so i ask: is it true that this character pretty much has to go to freeport to buy most of his/her spells? i'm bad at navigating ak'anon in the first place and i'm terrified of getting lost in that maze so i haven't put forth a whole lot of effort myself.

yes, i am a unique snowflake.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

if you too lazy to work out/navigate your home city..../eyeroll....then make a lvl 1 hgihelf and buy them in felwithe and ground transfer them to said gnomic entity.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 06-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Sarnak

it's not just my laziness, which is boundless, it's that i've heard that there just isn't any evil cleric spell vendors in-city and it annoys me. that would be a plan but there's the matter of getting plat to that character in the first place.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome cleric is literally the worst race choice you could make.

If you aren't too high of level, I'd highly suggest rerolling dark elf or high elf.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

pfff, elves are a buncha wussies. also im sure i'll never progress far enough for it to really matter; i'm simply trying to figure out just how gargantuan a pain in the ass this alt will be and hoped for a bit of advice beyond "hop a boat", as i've not leveled in faydwer in a long ass time.

i play like 1-2 hours on a good weekday, have to be in bed at grandpa hours, and am generally too busy getting drunk on weekends. i feel accomplished if i achieve a surname
Old 06-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

If you're getting lost in the gnome caves, FP sewers will be annoying as hell too. Just stick with it and find your vendors. Most of the time those confusing places start becoming easy to find once you've done it a while. I was amazed at how the memory came back for navigating cities when I started on p99 after not playing eq in 10 years.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

i can see how my op might have been misleading now

i'm only foregoing learning to navigate the evil rock snake cellar because i read on a couple different posts that that evil cleric spell vendors literally *do not exist* in ak'anon past a few random cross-class spells and wanted some verification for or against that fact.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome cleric is literally the worst race choice you could make.

If you aren't too high of level, I'd highly suggest rerolling dark elf or high elf.
You're a druid bro...

First of, Gnome clerics are the best, everybody knows that. Second, how come you are going bertoxx? I got both a Bertoxx and Brell gnome cleric, and my Bertoxx cleric is missing out on the sweet Brell cultural armor (gloves and arms). Go Brell..
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

because i'm a fuckin evil gnome, man
Old 06-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

When this game came out there were promises that each race/deity would have some sort of perk to them, so yeah I remember people making evil gnome clerics and other odd combos.

I don't think they ever made anything for Bertox Gnome Clers until they made that overpowered noobie armor years later.
Closed Thread