Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:46 AM
Kobold

Default Question on a camp

Not a huge issue but just mostly curious. I re-read some rules on camping thing in the new guide section that was recently updated and had a question.
If I am camping something that has two spawns does that constitute "a camp" if they are not viewable by each other?
Say for instance the Rabid Wolves in Qeynos Hills. I personally feel that if you can't secure both then it is almost not worth it but I feel most people think that if you are not sitting in front of the spawn they can just walk up and take it. They are a 6min spawn and if you time it right, you can kill one, immediately go to the other one and it will spawn once you get there. You then run back over to the other spawn and wait for the timer.
Would this constitute "a camp" or do the majority of you think it is actually two camps?
Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

if the two mobs are in different rooms then it is a different camp if someone wants to really press the issue
Old 07-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Kobold

I think it's reasonable to consider the two spawns one camp in this case. I would respect someone else doing the two, that is.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if the two mobs are in different rooms then it is a different camp if someone wants to really press the issue
Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Also if the spawns are in any great distance of travel or can't be seen in a way other then looking around a direct corner adjacent to the camper.
So if someone comes in and sits in a area or room you were running to to kill things,. technically they just took over that camp because you were not there to claim it.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also if the spawns are in any great distance of travel or can't be seen in a way other then looking around a direct corner adjacent to the camper.
So if someone comes in and sits in a area or room you were running to to kill things,. technically they just took over that camp because you were not there to claim it.
Actually it doesn't work like that. If someone is holding down two camps and another party wants to press the issue the person holding two camps can decide which one he'd like to keep. The new party can't just waltz in, see no one at a camp and claim ownership if the original party is still in the vicinity.

Use some common courtesy, CC, let the original party choose his one camp and then move into the vacated camp. Shits not hard.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Bit of a run? Like outdoor area further than the awesomness of drui tracking? Prolly contestable if someone plops their butt ontop of the spawn loc. i.e. two camps. I think distance is more the factor over spawn timers.
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-29-2014 at 11:00 AM..
Old 07-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone is holding down two camps and another party wants to press the issue the person holding two camps can decide which one he'd like to keep.
So if someone comes in and sees no one killing the spawns and no one in the immediate area,. how are they supposed to know someone is semi-camping that spawn?
What is to stop someone a few minutes later from coming up and claiming it was theirs?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

When you show up in a zone do a camp check, do a /w to have a record of who was in zone when you arrived. Try to communicate your intentions best you can. Just don't show up and take over a camp, that's how fights happen.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a huge issue but just mostly curious. I re-read some rules on camping thing in the new guide section that was recently updated and had a question.
If I am camping something that has two spawns does that constitute "a camp" if they are not viewable by each other?
Say for instance the Rabid Wolves in Qeynos Hills. I personally feel that if you can't secure both then it is almost not worth it but I feel most people think that if you are not sitting in front of the spawn they can just walk up and take it. They are a 6min spawn and if you time it right, you can kill one, immediately go to the other one and it will spawn once you get there. You then run back over to the other spawn and wait for the timer.
Would this constitute "a camp" or do the majority of you think it is actually two camps?
Someone was camping supplier and another mob in Lower Guk yesterday (not assassin lol). On a camp check you'd be entitled to go to the one he's not parked in and claim it.

Pixel greed and TunnelQuest corrupt the mind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread