Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:00 AM
Kobold

Default Powerleveling a warrior with a magician

Is this even possible? I'm a level 39 magician who would like to help my friend's level 20 warrior.

How would you do it? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 AM
Banned

summon bandages
Old 08-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Kobold

Beat up mob with pet till the mob death walks and reclaim energy(hopefully you have pet focus for clickie reclaim). Warrior finishes. Try to do blue or even cons to the warrior so he can hit them without many misses.
Last edited by Invoke; 08-07-2014 at 03:29 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beat up mob with pet till the mob death walks
So if a pet deals damage and dies/is reclaimed the credit for that damage does not transfer to the owner if they are still present?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if a pet deals damage and dies/is reclaimed the credit for that damage does not transfer to the owner if they are still present?
Exactly, kill it off when the mob begins to flee and let the warrior do the rest.
Last edited by Swish; 08-07-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this even possible? I'm a level 39 magician who would like to help my friend's level 20 warrior.

How would you do it? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Magician summons a pet.
Magician sends pet on single level 25-30 mob that Mage pet can easily solo. At 5-10% reclaim your pet.
Warrior kills for full exp.

Just be sure to buy a few hundred Malachites. Med through all fights. Have a focus item for your pet. If mobs are undead/don't run, DS the warrior.

I'd suggest trying something like unrest or Sol A at camps that are green to the Mage. So entrance goblins or fireplace area in unrest maybe basement.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician summons a pet.
Magician sends pet on single level 25-30 mob that Mage pet can easily solo. At 5-10% reclaim your pet.
Warrior kills for full exp.

Just be sure to buy a few hundred Malachites. Med through all fights. Have a focus item for your pet. If mobs are undead/don't run, DS the warrior.

I'd suggest trying something like unrest or Sol A at camps that are green to the Mage. So entrance goblins or fireplace area in unrest maybe basement.
Safe room in sola is probably one of the best mid 20 camps.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're grouped the pet XP penalty for over 50% damage doesn't apply. Conjure a good one and let it do its thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I just was under the impression that pet contribution to damage is attributed to owner for kill ownership, not lost if pet disappears. ie. if I do 30% damage, my pet does 30% damage and someone else does 40% damage I would get the kill (60% even if pet has been reclaimed vs 40%), not the other person (30% vs 40% with 30% unattributed)
Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I just was under the impression that pet contribution to damage is attributed to owner for kill ownership, not lost if pet disappears. ie. if I do 30% damage, my pet does 30% damage and someone else does 40% damage I would get the kill (60% even if pet has been reclaimed vs 40%), not the other person (30% vs 40% with 30% unattributed)
I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that if you let a pet do 99% of the damage, suicide it... and let someone else get the last 1% that technically you've done no damage and don't get the XP.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that if you let a pet do 99% of the damage, suicide it... and let someone else get the last 1% that technically you've done no damage and don't get the XP.
Exactly. You can do this continuously (barring malachites) since the pet should be pretty full on hp giving you full mana back.

This same mechanic was always annoying soloing at times too since you let pet get mob down to low hp, reclaim pet, and small nuke for full exp. Inevitably some melee runs by trying to be helpful and finishes the mob for you and takes the exp too on accident
Closed Thread